Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 LastLast

Thread: En route to the Richmond rally

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Josh Runkle View Post

That was one takeaway I had from rally day. There are a lot of individuals in the 2A community who need to spend a lot more time on their cardio and weight than worrying about their kit. I sympathize though as I used to be one of them.

I may have missed it but what happened to the bills restricting or banning shooting facilities?

Quote Originally Posted by trailrunner View Post
    I'm still a little concerned about the bill that would allow localities some power to control guns. I've read that this bill will either a) allow localities to ban guns at their discretion at permitted events on government property, or b) allow localities to ban guns in government buildings, facilities, and parks. I understand a version of this bill has already passed both chambers.

If it's a), that would not be good, but it would not be disastrous. If it's b) then I could see my county (Fairfax) banning guns at all county parks. There are large and small parks strewn throughout the county, and this would be almost a de facto ban. For example, I'm about ready to leave my house and go for a walk along a path in my neighborhood, which will take me by a county tennis court, which I presume could be a county park. Or if I ride my bike along one of the many streambed trails, I'd probably be traversing a half-dozen county parks. Heck, the Fairfax County Connector Trail that I often ride on is one long park that traverses numerous parks.

Can you provide some clarification?
    HB421 passed the house and is with the Senate Judiciary Committee. I have heard rumors it might be heard this coming Monday?

Quote Originally Posted by Dog Guy View Post
    I may have missed it but what happened to the bills restricting or banning shooting facilities?
    HB567 was filed in January and then I don't see any activity. Crossover day from the house to the senate has passed so given it wasn't voted on, I think it's dead for now. I'm not an expert on the legislative process by any stretch though, so, if I'm off base, somebody please feel free to correct me.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt O View Post
    HB421 passed the house and is with the Senate Judiciary Committee. I have heard rumors it might be heard this coming Monday?

HB567 was filed in January and then I don't see any activity. Crossover day from the house to the senate has passed so given it wasn't voted on, I think it's dead for now. I'm not an expert on the legislative process by any stretch though, so, if I'm off base, somebody please feel free to correct me.
    That's correct, HB567 is dead. I believe the rumors you heard are correct as well.

Yes, but is HB 421 version a) or b) from my post above?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by trailrunner View Post
    Yes, but is HB 421 version a) or b) from my post above?

"B" describes SB35. HB421 is a complete repeal of preemption.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt O View Post
    That was one takeaway I had from rally day. There are a lot of individuals in the 2A community who need to spend a lot more time on their cardio and weight than worrying about their kit. I sympathize though as I used to be one of them.
    Be grateful that each and every one of those people showed up--unless you want to introduce a body-fat measuring station that people must pass before they are allowed to take part in a demonstration.

Quote Originally Posted by Ed L View Post
    Be grateful that each and every one of those people showed up--unless you want to introduce a body-fat measuring station that people must pass before they are allowed to take part in a demonstration.
    Some people's commitment carry more weight.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    Some people's commitment carry more weight.
    Not mutually exclusive.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

User Tag List