Page 15 of 22 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: En route to the Richmond rally

Quote Originally Posted by mtnbkr View Post
    Politics aside, a couple other things I noticed from the rally:

People need to do some PT. I'm not the slimmest person (though nobody would say I'm fat either), but there were a lot of folks in full battle rattle that couldn't manage a flight of stairs without getting winded. Instead of a kevlar helmet, maybe they should purchase a gym membership and some personal trainer time. Or just put the sammich down and go walk around the block a few times. It doesn't take much. If nothing else, it gives you options when the shuttle bus queue is over an hour long (I ended up walking the 3 miles to the rally instead of waiting).

Way too many crap holsters. Nylon sausage sacks, thigh holsters, and Sherpas oh my! I think I saw 3 non-crap holsters (of those being OCed or poorly concealed). I saw one guy walking down the street with a crappy nylon thigh holster that was flopping around like it was barely attached. If you've got the cash for a $300+ gun and the ammo to feed it, you can swing $50 for a decent holster. Maybe the Venn Diagram of people who feel compelled to OC at a political rally and those too cheap or uninformed to buy a quality holster has a lot of overlap?

A bit judgemental perhaps, but people really could put a bit more thought into something beyond "the gun".

Chris
    Sigh... Not judgmental at all in my estimation - simply stating facts. Let’s just say PF people are, generally, above-average in most ways, and I generally experience disappointment and exasperation when coming in to contact with most other folks purported to be gun people. The chasm between those who populate this board and “the average” gun-owner is jaw dropping. And don’t dare try to nudge them in a better direction... The Kel Tec is strong with them. (Most of) Ya’ll have spoilt me and created unrealistic (apparently) expectations.

Site Supporter Maple Syrup Actual's Avatar
    I would just like to add that my thumbs-down thing was unintentional - although I probably did it with my own thumb. So, maybe it's just a need my thumb had to express its presence.

Site Supporter

People need to do some PT. I'm not the slimmest person (though nobody would say I'm fat either), but there were a lot of folks in full battle rattle that couldn't manage a flight of stairs without getting winded. Instead of a kevlar helmet, maybe they should purchase a gym membership and some personal trainer time. Or just put the sammich down and go walk around the block a few times. It doesn't take much. If nothing else, it gives you options when the shuttle bus queue is over an hour long (I ended up walking the 3 miles to the rally instead of waiting).

Way too many crap holsters. Nylon sausage sacks, thigh holsters, and Sherpas oh my! I think I saw 3 non-crap holsters (of those being OCed or poorly concealed). I saw one guy walking down the street with a crappy nylon thigh holster that was flopping around like it was barely attached. If you've got the cash for a $300+ gun and the ammo to feed it, you can swing $50 for a decent holster. Maybe the Venn Diagram of people who feel compelled to OC at a political rally and those too cheap or uninformed to buy a quality holster has a lot of overlap?

A bit judgemental perhaps, but people really could put a bit more thought into something beyond "the gun".

Chris
    I find nothing judgmental here. As impressed as I am that so many gun owners did such a good job of demonstrating themselves to be responsible, friendly people, we all need to be careful to represent ourselves well in ALL respects. Poor gear selection, or claiming to prioritize self-defense while having less than 20 seconds in their personal “gas tank” fails that test. The camo outfits, helmets, etc. also fail in this respect.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

Student

Follow-up, and HB 961

It has been about two weeks.

https://www.whsv.com/content/news/Vi...567082181.html

Bad enough with red-flag, one-gun-a-month, and UBC. Tomorrow they're having a hearing on the big one, HB 961 for AWB, cans, and magazines..

https://legiscan.com/VA/research/HB961/2020

https://www.whsv.com/content/news/Vi...567631941.html

https://americansuppressorassociatio...ring-tomorrow/

Site Supporter

People need to do some PT.....

....A bit judgemental perhaps, but people really could put a bit more thought into something beyond "the gun".

Chris
    At least they could be bothered to drop what else they had going on, and peaceably assembled to protect their constitutional rights with nary an incident. I'll tip my hat to them for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Yung View Post
    It has been about two weeks.

Bad enough with red-flag, one-gun-a-month, and UBC. Tomorrow they're having a hearing on the big one, HB 961 for AWB, cans, and magazines..
    My Father always said a 'one gun a month' rule was tough to budget for, but he'd dutifully follow the law and buy one gun a month for as long as he was able.

Jokes aside, I hope like hell the VA political machine knows they're swimming in dangerous waters to push further.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by JRB View Post
    At least they could be bothered to drop what else they had going on, and peaceably assembled to protect their constitutional rights with nary an incident. I'll tip my hat to them for that.
    Absolutely. I almost feel bad for mentioning it at all because of that.

My Father always said a 'one gun a month' rule was tough to budget for, but he'd dutifully follow the law and buy one gun a month for as long as he was able.
    Yeah, it's going to be a budget buster for sure. I suppose I'll have to collect all the LCR variations.

Jokes aside, I hope like hell the VA political machine knows they're swimming in dangerous waters to push further.
    There have been cracks in the Dem side with one or more stating they refuse to support any law that removes guns from lawful owners.

Chris

Site Supporter
    Yeah, it's going to be a budget buster for sure. I suppose I'll have to collect all the LCR variations.
    I was thinking of all the various TALO edition and Lipsey's exclusive Glocks and Ruger revolvers myself, but I'm not sure my paychecks would agree with that for long...

There have been cracks in the Dem side with one or more stating they refuse to support any law that removes guns from lawful owners.
    They passed the red flag law without fuss - I guess that other post I saw here on P-F about the VA Dem's favorite hats are each other's asses is about on-point.

Site Supporter
    I was thinking of all the various TALO edition and Lipsey's exclusive Glocks and Ruger revolvers myself, but I'm not sure my paychecks would agree with that for long...
    Neither would mine. After all, I have kids and a retirement to fund.

They passed the red flag law without fuss - I guess that other post I saw here on P-F about the VA Dem's favorite hats are each other's asses is about on-point.
    Red Flag is bad, but to Govt types who feel like we have adequate checks and balances to protect folks, it looks like a good idea. To those types, the optics of refusing Red Flag Laws are worse than the potential outcome to civilians. After all, it only takes guns away from bad people...

Chris

HB961, the house AWB, just passed out of committee and will go to the house for a vote where it will likely pass. I've hammered my rep with communications almost daily but he's a useless shite who will vote for it.

Guess Bloomberg made a few calls to ensure he got another taste of his ROI while he's in town today.

User Tag List