Page 13 of 22 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: En route to the Richmond rally

Quote Originally Posted by 45dotACP View Post
    Perhaps what the author of said article didn't consider was that the pro-gun control side didn't turn out because they knew their numbers wouldn't be impressive enough to be newsworthy...so instead they stayed home and cried suppression

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk
    That's as good as any reason I've heard.

My take on it was they just didn't want to confront a crowd that size who could have overwhelmed any police presence easily and were mostly armed.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Quote Originally Posted by 36trap View Post
    The NRA has taken two to the chest and while it still has a pulse, things aren't looking good.
    The NRA won't be a relevant 2A/RKBA organization again until WLP leaves. He killed it but I don't think he cares.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Quote Originally Posted by Borderland View Post
    The NRA won't be a relevant 2A/RKBA organization again until WLP leaves. He killed it but I don't think he cares.
    No, he doesn’t care. As long as he can send out scary letters to all the Fudds out there, and watch the money pour in, he has zero inclination to leave, anyone who got wise to his shit, was shit canned awhile ago. WLP is surrounded by yes men, who are all too happy to look the other way.. For me, the NRA has lost all credibility...

Thousands of protesters — many carrying assault rifles — clog Richmond, Virginia

This article wasn't negative:

Instead of violence and hatred, the protest appeared to bear out an argument of the people who took part: that they are peaceful, passionate Americans.

https://nationalpost.com/news/crowd-...t-to-bear-arms
    Thousands of protesters — many carrying assault rifles — clog Richmond, Virginia, in defence of right to bear arms
    https://nationalpost.com/news/crowd-...t-to-bear-arms

Site Supporter
    Hopefully at least one message sent was that even if the NRA is weakened by various investigations as well as its own incompetence, support for gun rights among the voters is undiminished, and perhaps energized.

David Hogg spent the day tweeting about white supremacists and the supposed desire to intimidate children. If that is the best that a Harvard education is enabling the new face of gun control to accomplish, they will be as ineffective as they hope to make the NRA.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

Quote Originally Posted by BillSWPA View Post
    Hopefully at least one message sent was that even if the NRA is weakened by various investigations as well as its own incompetence, support for gun rights among the voters is undiminished, and perhaps energized.

David Hogg spent the day tweeting about white supremacists and the supposed desire to intimidate children. If that is the best that a Harvard education is enabling the new face of gun control to accomplish, they will be as ineffective as they hope to make the NRA.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Some unfortunate individual much more academically qualified lost their Harvard seat to this Left Wing Puppet. Shameful!

Amusing CNN video in which Anderson Cooper looks like he swallowed a hairball while first a CNN reporter basically says, "Yeah, it's just law abiding citizens protesting peacefully" and then Dr. Cornell West says, "Yeah, this isn't a Klan rally or anything, black people need guns too."

Still, kudos for CNN for even airing it.

https://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/...full-episodes/

Quote Originally Posted by MK11 View Post
    Amusing CNN video in which Anderson Cooper looks like he swallowed a hairball while first a CNN reporter basically says, "Yeah, it's just law abiding citizens protesting peacefully" and then Dr. Cornell West says, "Yeah, this isn't a Klan rally or anything, black people need guns too."

Still, kudos for CNN for even airing it.
    Sorry, but I'll disagree. By constantly repeating white supremacists in the same sentence as gun owners, they are just reinforcing the connection, even if their reporter on the scene said it wasn't a factor. The rally was about gun rights, so why didn't they talk about the gun control measures being proposed in Virginia? I admit that I only watched 7 minutes of it before I turned it off (but they were starting to talk about Martin Luther King Jr at that point), so maybe they eventually got around to discussing the rally.

(And if they really wanted to talk about white supremacy, why didn't they bring up Northam's yearbook photo?)

Site Supporter Maple Syrup Actual's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Borderland View Post
    That's as good as any reason I've heard.

My take on it was they just didn't want to confront a crowd that size who could have overwhelmed any police presence easily and were mostly armed.
    Yeah, I thought the same thing. Antifa people aren't stupid; they're bullies when they have the numbers and crybullies when they don't. Aggressively confronting tens of thousands of armed gun enthusiasts is WAY out of their league and they know it. That's out of the league of most large police forces and small armies, frankly, which is entirely the point if you ask me.

Quote Originally Posted by 45dotACP View Post
    Perhaps what the author of said article didn't consider was that the pro-gun control side didn't turn out because they knew their numbers wouldn't be impressive enough to be newsworthy...so instead they stayed home and cried suppression
    Or they were unwilling to freeze their balls off all day for their cause.
    Last edited by mmc45414; 01-21-2020 at 06:21 PM.

User Tag List