Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: En route to the Richmond rally

Site Supporter
    CNN had a positive report. Tens of thousands of peaceful folks, no incidents, no pictures of strange folks. Mentioned the issue was preserving 2nd Amend. rights and interviewed two sensible supporters. No snark from commentators. They mentioned fears but then said there was nothing threatening at all.

Surprising. I am truly impressed by the turn out and the organizations that got this going!

Wondering how the meetings with the elected Reps are going?
    Someone should pop in and say "Hello" to Lee Carter. Oh wait, he's working from an undisclosed location today, isn't he?
    "And for a regular dude I’m maybe okay...but what I learned is if there’s a door, I’m going out it not in it"-Duke
    "Just because a girl sleeps with her brother doesn't mean she's easy..."-Blues

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    Quote Originally Posted by JodyH View Post
    Some of these state police guys need to stop and think.
    Do you really want to be known as the LE agency that zealously protects the government officials who A) are actively trying to fuck over the constitution and the people and B) don't give a flying fuck about supporting law enforcement, while also being the LE agency that most often works alone in rural areas interacting with (not to mention live among and send your kids to the same schools) the same people who are being fucked over.

Some guy who's seeing red will just see the uniform not the individual wearing it.
    I saw that and I agree - if things continue the way they are going there is going to be a lot of hard choices for those in uniform.

One has to wonder what kind of person is going to volunteer to be a member of Northams 18 person G(un)oon squad?

Quote Originally Posted by JodyH View Post
    Some of these state police guys need to stop and think.
    Do you really want to be known as the LE agency that zealously protects the government officials who A) are actively trying to fuck over the constitution and the people and B) don't give a flying fuck about supporting law enforcement, while also being the LE agency that most often works alone in rural areas interacting with (not to mention live among and send your kids to the same schools) the same people who are being fucked over.

Some guy who's seeing red will just see the uniform not the individual wearing it.
    I think I can answer this pretty head-on.

It's about protecting the institutions of our country (institutions meaning the political process of our representative republic). Allowing malicious actors to disrupt that process prior to it running its course would result in the degradation if not destruction of our way of life as Americans.

At this point the Virginia State Troopers were 100% in the right not just legally, but morally and ethically to investigate and prevent any threats against the elected officials of the Commonwealth.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Alex Jones is here as is @ErinSmith

Name:  91ECCF2C-E5DE-41F6-A94D-B9E1C6707EF3.jpg
Views: 597
Size:  35.5 KB
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by Suvorov View Post
    I saw that and I agree - if things continue the way they are going there is going to be a lot of hard choices for those in uniform.

One has to wonder what kind of person is going to volunteer to be a member of Northams 18 person G(un)oon squad?
    While I prefer to give the benefit of the doubt to the vast majority of LEOs, just as in the rest of society there are many who don't really give a rat's about whether the populace at large has the RKBA. Kind of a "screw you, I've got mine" attitude. If it's a lawful order, you can expect that there are those who will carry it out.

That said, I hope there are enough naysayers who will have some influence on their brothers and sisters in arms.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    CNN had a positive report. Tens of thousands of peaceful folks, no incidents, no pictures of strange folks. Mentioned the issue was preserving 2nd Amend. rights and interviewed two sensible supporters. No snark from commentators. They mentioned fears but then said there was nothing threatening at all.

Surprising. I am truly impressed by the turn out and the organizations that got this going!
    It’s so fucking cold here.
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by wvincent View Post
    Someone should pop in and say "Hello" to Lee Carter. Oh wait, he's working from an undisclosed location today, isn't he?
    From the reports last night, most of the Democrats are absent today. So they probably will only see Republicans in the office today.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by wvincent View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Damn right it is. I just got on the vcdl bus back to the parking lot and my hands still hurt.

BTW, polite and peaceful crowd...

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Dude, you're from Wyoming!

There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

User Tag List