Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12202122

Thread: En route to the Richmond rally

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    I mean I can just dress up and get on my roof if that's what it takes...
    Well, choose your outfit wisely.

Pretty sure most folks here, where I live, own firearms. Not all, mind you, but most. So, I think I can stand down from getting up on the roof and shaking my fist at a cloud.

ETA: I did my part by selling a handgun to one of my neighbors a few months ago. The only firearm he owned previously was a small caliber rifle inherited from his father. Gave both him and his wife some rudimentary lessons on safety and basic handling. Told them to call me anytime day or night if they need questions answered or assistance.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by Tensaw View Post
    So, with this most recent huge surge in gun sales due to all the coronas, what are the chances that the Virginia legislature gets the hint and foregoes future efforts at restricting firearms rights? With the uproar over the lack of PPE being available, you would think that restricting access to the ultimate PPE would be a non-starter. You would think. But you would probably be wrong.

I would be really curious to see the stats for first time gun buyers in VA over the last 12 months.
    In my neighborhood, there are four new gun buyers/owners that I know of.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by trailrunner View Post
    I'm still a little concerned about the bill that would allow localities some power to control guns. I've read that this bill will either a) allow localities to ban guns at their discretion at permitted events on government property, or b) allow localities to ban guns in government buildings, facilities, and parks. I understand a version of this bill has already passed both chambers.

If it's a), that would not be good, but it would not be disastrous. If it's b) then I could see my county (Fairfax) banning guns at all county parks. There are large and small parks strewn throughout the county, and this would be almost a de facto ban. For example, I'm about ready to leave my house and go for a walk along a path in my neighborhood, which will take me by a county tennis court, which I presume could be a county park. Or if I ride my bike along one of the many streambed trails, I'd probably be traversing a half-dozen county parks. Heck, the Fairfax County Connector Trail that I often ride on is one long park that traverses numerous parks.

Can you provide some clarification?
    I don't think anybody responded to my concern about this. And I was right to be concerned.

Although Virginia beat back many of the gun-control laws, this little law was passed. The VCDL notice below alerts us that Alexandria will ban guns from parks and rec centers effective on 1 July -- as soon as absolutely possible. I have no doubt that my county (Fairfax) will do the same with the same warp speed. Fairfax County has numerous parks and rec centers spread throughout the county, so this is going to have a huge impact. I spend a lot of time in our parks, and I can't hardly take a walk from my house without crossing some sort of county park. Giving localities this power will be disastrous, and effectively destroyed our Dillon rule.

There is zero chance that Alexandria, Arlington, and Fairfax county will not take full advantage of this. They have been trying to get their own exceptions for over 20 years, and this year they finally got it.

And so it begins - local gun-control, brought to you by the Virginia Democrat Party.

We need to be a unified team as we start to fight back against the more tyrannical localities in Virginia.

This coming Tuesday, June 9th, the City of Alexandria is going to vote on a gun-control ordinance that will be effective on July 1, if passed. Basically, they plan on passing every single bit of gun control the new state law allows and make it effective on the first day allowed.

With no exceptions for anyone but military on official duty, sworn police officers, historical re-enactors, certain higher education classes, and City security personnel, the ordinance will ban the possession of firearms, ammunition, or any combination thereof in:
    Buildings, or parts thereof, that are owned or used by the City
    City Parks
    City Recreational or community centers
    Permitted events and any adjacent streets in the City
    CHP holders are NOT exempted. A violation is a Class 1 misdemeanor.

Saw the notice, going to see how this plays out... really not thrilled...

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

User Tag List