Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: RFI Henry Pump Action .22

RFI Henry Pump Action .22

I've always been interested in an old Winchester .22 gallery gun, but have never had the scratch to buy one.

However, the Henry pump action .22 looks like just the ticket to scratch that itch- anyone here have any experience with them?
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

I forgot Henry made those. I've long wanted a Remington 572 but never got around to looking for one.

I picked up a new Henry pump last Friday but I haven't shot it yet, we'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by Pistol Pete 10 View Post
    I picked up a new Henry pump last Friday but I haven't shot it yet, we'll see.
    Will be looking forward to your experiences.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Henry pump

I've had one for a couple of years. It's beautiful, smooth and accurate.

Get some...

Quote Originally Posted by Brazos Dan View Post
    It's beautiful, smooth and accurate.
    This. I have one in .22mag, and it’s great. If someone were ever to be so self-indulgent as to start a classic "only one gun" thread here, I’d post a pic of that Henry instead of a pistol.

ETA: I actually enjoy the stubby Henry a hair more than my M61. I hasten to add: that's a bit like some guy saying he enjoys his newer sports car over his air-cooled 911--both pump guns are a ton of fun.

obligatory pics, or it didn't happen:
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Totem Polar; 01-20-2020 at 12:35 AM.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Site Supporter
    I noted that the two I shot required much effort to move the pump backwards--when compared with other versions made by Remington or Winchester. One reason for the greater effort is the shorter length of travel--thus less mechanical advantage. Like the rimfire lever guns, the receiver is a zamack alloy that some refer to as pot metal. It is not inferior. Within the receiver are steel parts. A removable outer cover or shroud covers the receiver. In the pump version some have reported that when a scope is mounted on this cover, the cover itself will shift. I have not observed this. My opinion is that Henry has the bugs out of the design. Most agree that the rimfire lever guns have had fewer issues.

I intend to buy a Henry pump. If mine has issues, Henry will fix them. My new 45-70 is being repaired at the factory now. My .44 mag had to go back immediately after purchase. It came back fixed.

How do subsonic skwirrlpopper loads work in this?

Site Supporter
    [QUOTE=Joe in PNG;983936]How do subsonic skwirrlpopper loads work in this?[/QUOTE

I'm not familiar with these cartridges but will point out that the pump is designed to handle .22 Shorts. I think length of the round determines feeding. Any round between the short and long rifle should work.

Quote Originally Posted by Sidheshooter View Post
    This. I have one in .22mag, and it’s great. If someone were ever to be so self-indulgent as to start a classic "only one gun" thread here, I’d post a pic of that Henry instead of a pistol.

ETA: I actually enjoy the stubby Henry a hair more than my M61. I hasten to add: that's a bit like some guy saying he enjoys his newer sports car over his air-cooled 911--both pump guns are a ton of fun.

obligatory pics, or it didn't happen:
    Very cool. Is it reasonably accurate? ie an inch at 25 yards kind of thing?
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

User Tag List