Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: RFI Henry Pump Action .22

[QUOTE=willie;984177]
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe in PNG View Post
    How do subsonic skwirrlpopper loads work in this?[/QUOTE

I'm not familiar with these cartridges but will point out that the pump is designed to handle .22 Shorts. I think length of the round determines feeding. Any round between the short and long rifle should work.
    Something like the Aguila Colibri 20 grn primer only rounds for popping the occasional tree rat without unduly alarming the neighbors.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Quote Originally Posted by willie View Post
    the receiver is a zamack alloy that some refer to as pot metal. It is not inferior. Within the receiver are steel parts.
    I read up on Zamak several years ago when figuring out .22LR replicas of service pistols. It can achieve tensile strength similar to common heat treats of 6061 aluminum, but the fatigue threshold is a small fraction of the aluminum alloy's. I decided to pass on all forever when it comes to Zamak guns. If service life is determined by wear or fatigue cracking of whatever is made of Zamak, they will not wear as long as steel or resist fatigue as long as steel or aluminum.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    Very cool. Is it reasonably accurate? ie an inch at 25 yards kind of thing?
    Sorry, I missed responding to this earlier; my error.

Yeah, it’s plenty accurate, by that standard. The limitation for me is the traditional buckhorn sights. I have a set of Fiber optics that I’ll install whenever I can find the time, but even with my terrible eyesight, I can get *mostly touching groups out of a magazine full at 50 feet indoors, and it’s certainly minute-of tennis-ball while dinking around outside, all day long. My gut says probably an inch at 25 yards, but I’m not swearing to anything until I get more visible sights on there.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

User Tag List