Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Reloads with little guns (G43)

Quote Originally Posted by Redhat View Post
    I would be interested in how they came up with those time limits for reloading. Is it the same for your full size duty pistols?
    Good question. The G19M has only 1 timed combat reload in its 46 round course of fire: 7 yard line, 2-reload-5 in 10 seconds. The other is a 3 yard untimed reload at the end of a string of fire. The Glock 19 is seeing a 10% failure rate on the new course of fire, but for other reasons (Accuracy at 25 yards and, particularly with females, a 4 round WHO string at 3 yards).
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Quote Originally Posted by runcible View Post
    On the magazine release button aspect, turning the weapon within your shooting hand with the support hand before it detaches; such that the shooting-hand’s thumb is fully seated upon the button prior to pressing it, may give you a more consistent and definitive release
    McPhee at SOBTactical teaches this as well. It's amazingly quick. I think he installs a metal baseplate on his G43 and other Glocks to help the magazines drop more quickly, but I'm not certain.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    Good question. The G19M has only 1 timed combat reload in its 46 round course of fire: 7 yard line, 2-reload-5 in 10 seconds. The other is a 3 yard untimed reload at the end of a string of fire. The Glock 19 is seeing a 10% failure rate on the new course of fire, but for other reasons (Accuracy at 25 yards and, particularly with females, a 4 round WHO string at 3 yards).
    What is the time on tne WHO string ? Is it from the ready or the holster?

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    What is the time on tne WHO string ? Is it from the ready or the holster?
    The entire course of fire is from a concealed holster with the exception of the WHO string from the ready. 4 rounds, 4 seconds.

According to multiple full-time instructors from the FTU I've talked to, they're seeing women who haven't regularly practiced WHO in a long time punching the gun at the target with each shot, and missing the target entirely.

Timely thread I was coming to post the same.

Working reloads with the 365xl and the meaty bottom of my palm is wrapping around the frame and stopping the mag from dropping free. Best I have down so far is ripping it out after getting the reload. Occasionally if I open my strong hand just right it will drop free.

These small pistols aren’t much bigger than their spare magazine. Last month, I had a Tony make me a lefty George for the 43/48, thinking that might be a nifty way to carry a spare magazine and speed up the “reload.”
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

I don't get that at all. IME, when a course is developed, you break it down into tasks, i.e., shooting, reloading...etc. Each has a time and then you combine that for the total time for that string of fire.

The trick is, how do you arrive at those times?

I wonder if the instructors can consistently demonstrate it at that speed?

Site Supporter
    The entire course of fire is from a concealed holster with the exception of the WHO string from the ready. 4 rounds, 4 seconds.

According to multiple full-time instructors from the FTU I've talked to, they're seeing women who haven't regularly practiced WHO in a long time punching the gun at the target with each shot, and missing the target entirely.
    4 in 4 at 3 from the ready is not very difficult. The current FBI COF is 3 strong hand and 3 support hand from the holster in 6 seconds. Once you figure in the draw and the transfer it is a more challenging standard yet their females have no problem meeting it. Sounds like your gals simply need to unfuck themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Sounds like your gals simply need to unfuck themselves.
    they're seeing women who haven't regularly practiced WHO in a long time punching the gun at the target with each shot, and missing the target entirely.

Site Supporter
    You think the average LEO practices between quals ?

Seriously - that shit isn’t hard - they are fucked up far beyond “out of practice” if they can’t meet that standard with a 9mm.

User Tag List