Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Thoughts on what Trump should do for the 2A

Site Supporter
    They're all douche nozzles, every last one of 'em in my opinion. They've forgotten that they're supposed to serve the interests of the electorate, not their pocketbooks.
    That should be tattooed on the foreheads of all true believers so they can see it every morning first thing.

deleted...
    Last edited by Borderland; 01-20-2020 at 02:08 PM.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

[QUOTE=RevolverRob;982909]Civil War?

Let me repeat that - Civil War?

Stop reading the boogaloo shit.

Go outside and breath some fresh air and turn off the talk radio.

___

More than half our population is obese and/or has diabetes and heart disease. Our kids can barely fucking read. 80% of Americans live paycheck-to-paycheck and you think there is a fucking civil war imminent? People are working to survive they don't give a shit about your guns most Americans don't give a shit about Planned Parenthood and abortion. These are talking points for ultra wealthy elite who control our society and government to get wealthier through war and fear mongering. The fucking elite have no interest in a Civil War, it doesn't make them money.
    [QUOTE]

I'll have to go with this.

If anyone is interested in our history it might be a good idea to study why we had a civil war in this country. Most people believe it was about slavery primarily but that was just part of it. Slavery and its moral abomination was the biggest reason for the north to go to war but they weren't the ones who seceded from the union. For the south it was their economy and that was based on slavery. So in effect the north was about to destroy the economy of the southern states if slavery were abolished. The north's economy was based on industry, not cotton and slavery, so no big deal for them.

So this talk of a civil war is something I can't wrap my head around. VA's economy has not been threatened by the increased state restrictions on the RKBA. It's nothing like losing everything you own and not being able to feed your family. Now that right there is oppressive. It's been pointed out here that the economy in VA is doing pretty well and it's based on state and federal jobs, not tobacco and cotton farmers. Now if it were based on tobacco and cotton farms and the state said we're going to ban tractors I could see a yuge problem there. But as it sets it isn't that big of a problem for most who live there and work for the state and fed.

I'm not in favor of anymore firearms restrictions. I communicate with my reps and vote accordingly. I belong to the NRA and support the SAF. I also support the rally in VA. It sends a very special message to legislators that not everyone is in agreement with what they're doing and they need to be careful when they vote on these bills. That's the way it should be. All politics is local. This would never happen in Iowa. It isn't a federal issue. I don't think you will ever see mag restrictions or another AWB coming from the fed.

As more of an example of how things get f'd up based on a states economy all you have to do is look at CA. They have a lot of firearms restrictions there but you'll notice that they have the California Values Act which basically protects their ag industry from ICE. A modern version of a secession dealing with the economy of the state. They aren't going to comply with federal immigration laws because it's their economy that's being hammered. Number 1 ag producer in the US.
    Last edited by Borderland; 01-20-2020 at 01:45 PM.

Thoughts on what Trump should do for the 2A...

Pay more than lip service in a tweet which is simply politically motivated. It'd be nice if there were some substance to his support beyond pandering for votes.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

I remember that after Trump got elected the general expectation was that Reciprocity was a done deal. It didn't happen and it didn't come close to happening. Trump's White House was a disorganized mess in terms of transition and Trump was, and still is, willing to let Congress set the legislative agenda. He never put any skin in the game. According to him, it was the senate's fault that Obamacare wasn't repealed, not his. When the Republicans controlled both houses of Congress and there was a Republican president, Reciprocity would have been a slam dunk. Trump didn't give a shit and more importantly McConnell didn't either.
    Real guns have hammers.

So now I'm reading conflicting stories about this being true or not and why I may have thought it's worse than it is in VA:
    https://thehill.com/homenews/state-w...ests-it-may-be
    Virginia National Guard responds after Democratic lawmaker suggests it may be needed to enforce gun control measures

Did Northam indicate he was going to use the state's National Guard to enforce confiscation?

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    Thoughts on what Trump should do for the 2A...

Pay more than lip service in a tweet which is simply politically motivated. It'd be nice if there were some substance to his support beyond pandering for votes.

Trump is a nationalist. That means if he can get more support from the AG crowd to get reelected that will be his choice. I expect he won't get involved in anything AG this year other than maybe a vague tweet or two. Tweeting that the constitution is under attack and condemning democrats is a pretty safe bet. My guess is a lot of people in VA won't be voting for Trump this year mostly because of his connection to the NRA and WLP. That 20 million didn't buy NRA members much. I should have just bought ammo instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Duffy View Post
    I remember that after Trump got elected the general expectation was that Reciprocity was a done deal. It didn't happen and it didn't come close to happening. Trump's White House was a disorganized mess in terms of transition and Trump was, and still is, willing to let Congress set the legislative agenda. He never put any skin in the game. According to him, it was the senate's fault that Obamacare wasn't repealed, not his. When the Republicans controlled both houses of Congress and there was a Republican president, Reciprocity would have been a slam dunk. Trump didn't give a shit and more importantly McConnell didn't either.
    Trump campaigned on reciprocity. After he was elected I never heard another word out of his mouth about it. I think the reason was the GOP leadership told him to drop it. I noticed he still hammers the immigration thing in his rallies but you would probably have to explain to him again what reciprocity means. Now that the NRA is defunct and no more money coming from them it's a dry well. Time to hit up the Brady Campaign for some cash.
    Last edited by Borderland; 01-20-2020 at 02:47 PM.

I'm shocked that anyone thought nationwide concealed-carry reciprocity had even the slightest chance of happening, much less a "done deal". When the Trumpster said that, I just figured he was saying some shit without realizing how un-fucking-possible it would be.

[QUOTE=Borderland;983380][QUOTE=RevolverRob;982909]Civil War?

Let me repeat that - Civil War?

Stop reading the boogaloo shit.

Go outside and breath some fresh air and turn off the talk radio.

___

I'll have to go with this.

If anyone is interested in our history it might be a good idea to study why we had a civil war in this country. Most people believe it was about slavery primarily but that was just part of it. Slavery and its moral abomination was the biggest reason for the north to go to war but they weren't the ones who seceded from the union. For the south it was their economy and that was based on slavery. So in effect the north was about to destroy the economy of the southern states if slavery were abolished. The north's economy was based on industry, not cotton and slavery, so no big deal for them.

So this talk of a civil war is something I can't wrap my head around. VA's economy has not been threatened by the increased state restrictions on the RKBA. It's nothing like losing everything you own and not being able to feed your family. Now that right there is oppressive. It's been pointed out here that the economy in VA is doing pretty well and it's based on state and federal jobs, not tobacco and cotton farmers. Now if it were based on tobacco and cotton farms and the state said we're going to ban tractors I could see a yuge problem there. But as it sets it isn't that big of a problem for most who live there and work for the state and fed.

I'm not in favor of anymore firearms restrictions. I communicate with my reps and vote accordingly. I belong to the NRA and support the SAF. I also support the rally in VA. It sends a very special message to legislators that not everyone is in agreement with what they're doing and they need to be careful when they vote on these bills. That's the way it should be. All politics is local. This would never happen in Iowa. It isn't a federal issue. I don't think you will ever see mag restrictions or another AWB coming from the fed.

As more of an example of how things get f'd up based on a states economy all you have to do is look at CA. They have a lot of firearms restrictions there but you'll notice that they have the California Values Act which basically protects their ag industry from ICE. A modern version of a secession dealing with the economy of the state. They aren't going to comply with federal immigration laws because it's their economy that's being hammered. Number 1 ag producer in the US.
    Wow , didn't know about the California Values Act. It fits into my thinking as another example of why we AREN'T headed to another civil war. Instead, we seem to be headed towards states being able to ignore federal law to a large degree. Marijuana laws and sanctuary cities being the harbingers. It is possible we may be able to tolerate a lot more differences in state laws than once was thought workable, as long as it doesn't inhibit business too much.

We really do have a poor conception of what the Civil War was about, but an even poorer conception of Reconstruction and it's aftermath.

I would say the Civil War was less about the North trying to crush the South's economy, and more aboout making sure a Northern-style economy was the model in the new states-to-be, not a slave-based plantation model. That may be spiltting semantic hairs, but I think it is more accurate. Homesteaders from up north had no urge to live in a system like the southern states had. And considering how slavery tended to crush smaller farmers, it's easy to see why.

Does anyone really see a Fort Sumter happening again in the near future?
    REPETITION CREATES BELIEF
    REPETITION BUILDS THE SEPARATE WORLDS WE LIVE AND DIE IN
    NO EXCEPTIONS

User Tag List