Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Thoughts on what Trump should do for the 2A

I think a good start would be to instruct the ATF to stop using the "sporting purposes" BS. Regulatory change only.
    From Older Offspring after a discussion of coffee:

"If it doesn't come from the Kaffa province of Ethiopia, it's just hot roasted-bean juice."

The republicans are stacking the courts with pro 2-A judges.

The democrats are knocking over states like fukin dominoes with AWBs and anything else they want.

The judges aren't doing a damn thing about it, and aren't gonna start. Ever.

We're cheering 'our side' on for winning, they're cheering 'their side' on for winning.

We're all fucked.
    Last edited by M2CattleCo; 01-19-2020 at 11:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    I'm waiting for Trump's legislative agenda to enhance and expand the instantiation of the 2nd Amend. as compared to saying he will 'defend' the 2nd Amend. The only action that he initiated was a ban.

His friendly Congress in the first two years did not try to pass gun rights enhancements with the vigor of tax cuts and attacking Obama care. Even faced with a filibuster, the bills could have been brought up repeatedly or have some of the milder ones attached to necessary measures. Recall the HPA vanished. Cornyn's reciprocity (granted that is controversial) was proclaimed! He sent me messages about it. Where did it go?

Yes, the Democrats will take the guns away. When will the wonder twins in SCOTUS get that august body of its butt to take a case that truly and unambiguously voids the state bans? Years go by and scrumptious scrutiny of modern spurting rifles goes nowhere.

Let's see the enhancement agenda in the next state of the union that proposes more than 'defending'.
    I lost you on the first sentence. Are you seriously thinking / hoping that this administration will expand 2A anything, or is this purely rhetorical?
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    Otherwise, what I want is very simple - to be left the fuck alone.
    The best government we can hope to have is one that does nothing.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Gucci gear, Walmart skill Darth_Uno's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hambo View Post
    The best government we can hope to have is one that does nothing.
    When Trump got elected I said, and probably posted here, that we get a 4 year break. I didn’t expect any bonuses, but at least no bans were likely. And I’ve been right except for bump stocks...but I just can’t muster up the outrage for those.

Unfortunately, plenty of people feel the same way about entire weapons. “That sucks, but I didn’t want one anyway.”

CWM11B
    Judges cant do anything until a case or petition is brought before them. The lawsuits need to be filed along with requests for stays.

Site Supporter
    Sadly, rhetorical - the RKBA is simply fund raising gimmick to most politicians. I just despair over those who think else wise and that something will be done. I do like to point out hypocrisy among all politician. My favorite on the Democratic side is Schumer who is supposed to represent NY and lives in fancy pants Brooklyn. Want to represent NYS - live in Utica.

Sadly, rhetorical - the RKBA is simply fund raising gimmick to most politicians. I just despair over those who think else wise and that something will be done. I do like to point out hypocrisy among all politician. My favorite on the Democratic side is Schumer who is supposed to represent NY and lives in fancy pants Brooklyn. Want to represent NYS - live in Utica.
    Smack dab in the middle of the state? That would require he be a centrist.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Site Supporter
    Haha - LOL. I believe that one only has to look at the way he wears those douche bag glasses to have a handle on his worth as a human being. He's been a tool of Wall Street for years but talks the talk of the 'people'.

Haha - LOL. I believe that one only has to look at the way he wears those douche bag glasses to have a handle on his worth as a human being. He's been a tool of Wall Street for years but talks the talk of the 'people'.
    They're all douche nozzles, every last one of 'em in my opinion. They've forgotten that they're supposed to serve the interests of the electorate, not their pocketbooks.

But that's old news and I don't see that bus backing up and pulling a u-turn anytime soon.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

User Tag List