• USP Compact

20 24.39%
  • P2000

10 12.20%
  • P30

36 43.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Let's Rehash - Is USP the Answer For Hammer H&K (Is P-Series An Actual Improvement)

I own all but the full size USP. It was a hard choice between the P30 and USPc. Yeah, I know I could have voted both, but poll said favorite, so not sure why there was multiple choice.

The P2000 is the gun I so wanted to love, but don’t in any way (though I do like the SK). I’ve seen Several instances of USP plastic magazines not holding up under heavy use, but the gun itself is solid.

Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I own all but the full size USP. It was a hard choice between the P30 and USPc. Yeah, I know I could have voted both, but poll said favorite, so not sure why there was multiple choice.

The P2000 is the gun I so wanted to love, but don’t in any way (though I do like the SK). I’ve seen Several instances of USP plastic magazines not holding up under heavy use, but the gun itself is solid.
    Because some people can’t pick just one lol

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    The dual recoil spring that makes the FS USP 45 able to digest a wide spectrum of ammo, including Super, does the “pogo” in the USP FS and Expert 9 models.
    GJM
    I just acquired a USP9 FS could you explain what you mean about doing the "pogo" is it the felt recoil impulse? Out of all the H&K handguns I own it is my only usp right now.

USP could use an update. First, its over built for a 9mm, has much better reset in the LEM configuration than P30, would love to see it redone. Keep “squarish” HK look, down size it and thin it a tad, Give me Fullsize, compact, sub, and micro versions, throw their other guns out.

Quote Originally Posted by GOTURBACK View Post
    GJM
    I just acquired a USP9 FS could you explain what you mean about doing the "pogo" is it the felt recoil impulse?
    Yes, especially pronounced in the Expert 9mm.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Yeah. In the 9 Expert, I can usually notice the slide returning to battery much more slowly than in other guns, where I generally don't notice it at all.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Quote Originally Posted by Polecat View Post
    USP could use an update. First, its over built for a 9mm, has much better reset in the LEM configuration than P30, would love to see it redone. Keep “squarish” HK look, down size it and thin it a tad, Give me Fullsize, compact, sub, and micro versions, throw their other guns out.
    You forgot to add, update the rail.

My current carry rotation is a USP45 full size as a woods gun, and a P2000 9mm in town, both LEM.

It all started with a pair of P2000's and a P2000sk, then I started moving to USP's and now I'm gradually deciding that I prefer the USP's. As others have said, the P-series pistols feel better in hand, but for me the blockier USP shoots better. Then there's the trigger, distinctly better in the USP series. And I don't use a light, so the rail is a non-factor.

I'm seriously considering selling or trading the P2000's (or a USPc 45 now that a fs version has the woods niche covered) and going to a USPc 9mm for in town carry, making my rotation all USP (except for a J-frame in NPE's).

As for the P30, they're off-roster in California thus carry about a 50% premium on the used market. So I've never even let myself be tempted.

Nothing wrong with the USP (it’s a classic and built like a tank) but here is my vote.

Name:  E7FE18C3-9F83-4A6B-BF9F-569B1ED7334F.jpg
Views: 522
Size:  102.6 KB

Even the HK45 is shaped like a big P30 (actually which came first? It’s like the chicken vs the egg). LOL!
    "We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm." - George Orwell -

GO ARMY, BEAT NAVY!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by A-Train View Post
    Nothing wrong with the USP (it’s a classic and built like a tank) but here is my vote.

Name:  E7FE18C3-9F83-4A6B-BF9F-569B1ED7334F.jpg
Views: 522
Size:  102.6 KB

Even the HK45 is shaped like a big P30 (actually which came first? It’s like the chicken vs the egg). LOL!
    Beautiful! Hard chrome? NP3?

User Tag List