• USP Compact

20 24.39%
  • P2000

10 12.20%
  • P30

36 43.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Let's Rehash - Is USP the Answer For Hammer H&K (Is P-Series An Actual Improvement)

Quote Originally Posted by Balisong View Post
    Beautiful! Hard chrome? NP3?
    Thanks for the kind words. This finish is actually CPII by CCR. Here is their description.

CPII is a true composite plating process. It is an Electroless Nickel / Boron Nitride tank based plating system that incorporates Boron Nitride particles within the matrix of a phosphate system. Benefits include exceptionally low coefficient of friction, superior release and excellent wear resistance. CP II is perfect for applications that require the lubrication of Teflon but need more wear resistance. As wear occurs fresh particles of Boron Nitride are exposed continuing to ensure the lubricating factors though out. CPII also allows longer firing periods between cleaning and makes cleaning of your gun a breeze CPII is a multi facetted plating process that offers outstanding rust and corrosion protection Up to 10 times the protection of other plating such as Nickel/Teflon and Chrome CPII is far from your standard plating it is a true composite plating process that is made possible by the breakthroughs in Nano Technology CPII is also an Eco friendly process. CPII is the color similar to a Bead Blasted Stainless would look CPII will be available for steels. We do not plate anodized alloys.

It’s a great finish and extremely durable. Check out their website if you want to learn more. They do great work. Just for the record I do NOT work for this company.

http://www.ccrrefinishing.com/information.html

Here are some closer pictures

Name:  658350FC-431A-48B4-97D9-92B3815B5A40.jpg
Views: 1080
Size:  101.8 KB
    Name:  623269C5-17AE-41DE-893A-8CDF3B806E4C.jpg
Views: 863
Size:  101.2 KB
    Name:  BFEC2729-5387-41FC-ADA3-669A46805E59.jpg
Views: 735
Size:  54.9 KB
    Name:  AD1ADE29-C5F2-488F-8A3B-859D85C48EDC.jpg
Views: 728
Size:  49.4 KB
    Name:  D04A9D90-67D8-4FB0-AE16-F4F99AC3AF49.jpg
Views: 736
Size:  60.2 KB
    Last edited by A-Train; 01-23-2020 at 08:12 PM.
    "We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm." - George Orwell -

GO ARMY, BEAT NAVY!!!!

I feel the USP really shines in .45acp caliber. I have a USP45 V1 and a USP45 Tactical LE V1 as my preferred .45acp pistols. I have a P30L V3 in 9mm that I actually prefer over the USP9.

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter Rose View Post
    For the original question, neither the USP or P30 is perfect IMO. The triggers are slightly better on the USPs, mainly for the shorter takeup and length of travel. Also the availability of Match trigger parts on the USP.

The P30 has better recoil/sight tracking characteristics due to the regular recoil assembly.

My perfect pistol would be a USP9 frame with a P30L slide and metal 17-rd mags for the USP frame.
    I have often thought that HK missed the boat hard on the P30. A USP9 frame with changeable backstraps, higher beavertail of the P30, P30 rail, and P30 slide would have been spectacular.

Quote Originally Posted by Leroy View Post
    I have often thought that HK missed the boat hard on the P30. A USP9 frame with changeable backstraps, higher beavertail of the P30, P30 rail, and P30 slide would have been spectacular.
    and P30 magazines.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

No, it isn't an improvement.

P30 has that very strange decocker setup. I just can't get my head around that. The very best design is to have that incorporated with the safety if you want a safety. Now if HK could build a P30 with a side decocker like a Sig P (no safety) or safety/decocker, you would have the perfect setup. That's the beauty of the USP, you can have it darn near anyway you want it. Safety/decockers have been around since WW2, you think HK could have worked that out on the P30. Otherwise it's a very nice pistol.
    Last edited by Borderland; 01-26-2020 at 12:01 PM.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Quote Originally Posted by Borderland View Post
    P30 has that very strange decocker setup. I just can't get my head around that.
    Conversely, it seems to me like a great design. Easily accessible and not in the way of your grip or slide manipulations.

Patrick E. Kelley on his P30L "Out of the Box to Match" review at the 6:10 mark and again at about the 16:00 mark talks about the decocker.

Quote Originally Posted by JTQ View Post
    Conversely, it seems to me like a great design. Easily accessible and not in the way of your grip or slide manipulations.

Patrick E. Kelley on his P30L "Out of the Box to Match" review at the 6:10 mark and again at about the 16:00 mark talks about the decocker.

Too much time on the levers is probably my hangup. It's a nice pistol for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Borderland View Post
    No, it isn't an improvement.

P30 has that very strange decocker setup. I just can't get my head around that. The very best design is to have that incorporated with the safety if you want a safety. Now if HK could build a P30 with a side decocker like a Sig P (no safety) or safety/decocker, you would have the perfect setup. That's the beauty of the USP, you can have it darn near anyway you want it. Safety/decockers have been around since WW2, you think HK could have worked that out on the P30. Otherwise it's a very nice pistol.
    From an engineering standpoint, the P30 Decocker is brilliant IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    From an engineering standpoint, the P30 Decocker is brilliant IMO.
    A lot of right handed people must like them.

Not real convenient for a left handed shooter because your thumb is on the other side of the pistol. I suppose you could use your opposing thumb but the controls should be a one handed operation IMO.
    Last edited by Borderland; 01-26-2020 at 11:14 PM.

Cool

LEM for the win....

Best, Jon

User Tag List