Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Bob Vogel - 3.34 FAST

Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    *Every time a sub-5 FAST is done, an IED prematurely dets on an insurgent.
    I got 11 today.
    http://thedownzerojourney.wordpress.com/

reflect my new military experience
    That's all well and good, but did you watch any youtube videos from Canada?

We are diminished
    Quote Originally Posted by Al T. View Post
    That's all well and good, but did you watch any youtube videos from Canada?

Que?

Man, I hate it when a clever joke isn't so clever.

http://pistol-forum.com/showthread.p...ll=1#post55720

Posts #61 & 62.

We are diminished
    Quote Originally Posted by Al T. View Post
    Posts #61 & 62.
    Oh. Ha. Ha. Ha.

So, here we are a year later and TLG posts on pistol training.com that Vogel got coin #11. Vogel posted on FB that he got the coin, but no time. I'm thinking he's around 3.00 flat. Anybody?

Here's his 2.98 run. from May 17, 2012.

We are diminished
    Link to the FB page? Robert was so nonchalant about the whole thing I honestly didn't expect him to do more than toss the coin in a drawer and forget about it. I tried to explain to him that he'd become famous now that he'd really accomplished something meaningful in the shooting world but you know how these guys are with their national and world championships, thinking that is important.

The designated cameraman apparently forgot to hit the complicated "RECORD" button on the video camera so I don't have vid yet. But luckily Fred was also filming it on his Contour and once he's had a chance to de-contour it and get me a copy I'll post it.

Robert's first run was sub-5 but with a head miss. He didn't have a concealment garment and literally just borrow the first vest someone handed him. It interfered with his draw and dragged on the gun as it came up, throwing his first shot.

Then he borrowed a different vest and even though he wasn't wearing his normal IDPA holster and mag pouches he still managed a 4.7-something clean followed by a 4.3-something clean.

Robert was the first person ever to get a coin on the new Q-PT target 2.0 but much more importantly he's the first person ever to earn a coin on his first official attempt.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by ToddG View Post
    Link to the FB page?
    https://www.facebook.com/robert.g.vo...95569240498277

We are diminished
    Yet another thing I'll miss out on because I don't have a Facespace account. But thanks for the link, JV!

Quote Originally Posted by ToddG View Post
    Yet another thing I'll miss out on because I don't have a Facespace account. But thanks for the link, JV!
    Vogel from that link:

"Not fast. Just needed to do 2 out of 3 under 5 sec clean so I didn't need to push it at all. Aimed hard at the card, think I was only a 4.3 something on the better one and slower on another where the slide didn't lock back. First one the new vest got in the way and was a disaster. It was all kind of a last minute thing at the end of the day."

Wow.

User Tag List