Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Remember, People: Only Headshots!

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar

Remember, People: Only Headshots!

There is some new "mystery virus" in China.In at least World War Z, if not other works, the zombie virus originated in some toxic lake in China.

Those infected from Wuhan probably aren't going to arise from the grave and begin eating people. But if they do, aim for the braincase.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

There's nothing civil about this war.

Living across the Golden Bridge , and through the Rainbow Tunnel, somewhere north of Fantasyland.
    I hate to break it to you folks, but the living dead have been among us for some time. Ever been to the Tenderloin in SF?

Quote Originally Posted by AMC View Post
    I hate to break it to you folks, but the living dead have been among us for some time. Ever been to the Tenderloin in SF?
    It's funny. In the short time I lived in SF in 1976 I used to hear about how bad the Tenderloin was and I just didn't see it. (I'm sure it's a lot worse now, but still, they spoke of it like it was sure death if you went there.)

Living across the Golden Bridge , and through the Rainbow Tunnel, somewhere north of Fantasyland.
    Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    It's funny. In the short time I lived in SF in 1976 I used to hear about how bad the Tenderloin was and I just didn't see it. (I'm sure it's a lot worse now, but still, they spoke of it like it was sure death if you went there.)
    In 1976 most of the city wasn't too bad. My grandmother used to take me downtown on the Muni to Macys, City of Paris, Emporium, etc. Wore her hat and white gloves...we'd walk up to the St. Francis Hotel to have lunch. Back then, not so bad. Late '80s to 2000's....bad. The walking dead.
    Last edited by AMC; 01-18-2020 at 08:29 PM.

In 1976 most of the city wasn't too bad. My grandmother used to take me downtown on the Muni to Macys, City of Paris, Emporium, etc. Wore her hat and white gloves...we'd walk up to the St. Francis Hotel to have lunch. Back then, not so bad. Late '80s to 2000's....bad. The walking dead.
    I was living sharing an apartment on Hyde St. between Bush and Sutter back then. Took over an apartment my cousin was living in. Building has since, (I read), burned down. It was a nice old brownstone.

Last time I was there was 1991 for a week or two.
    Last edited by blues; 01-18-2020 at 08:32 PM.

Site Supporter
    My brother-in-law lives in that neighborhood of SF. I've never been there and have no desire to visit. My mother-in-law said that the last time she was there, she didn't see any needles on the sidewalk. Apparently this was an improvement over the visit before that.

Sent from my moto e5 cruise using Tapatalk

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    Those infected from Wuhan probably aren't going to arise from the grave and begin eating people. But if they do, aim for the braincase.
    More likely they will die of ARDS in a weird substandard Chinese ICU. Hope those viruses stay in China and don't make their way over here.

Looks like we are going to see this virus sooner rather than later as it has made it to Beijing before the Chinese New Year. The amount of travel associated with the holiday means the virus will have lots of transmission vectors.

User Tag List