Thread: SHOT 2020 Rifle Predictions?

SHOT 2020 Rifle Predictions?

Along the lines of the SHOT thread over in pistols, I'd like to get something going about rifles. Also optics.

The big news already seems to be the SIG Cross and the Vortex 1-10 scope. What else is coming to market?

Hopefully someone will make a copy of the Colt AR-15. It is about time someone breaks up that monopoly....[emoji16]

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

It would be cool to get some updates on the KRG Fox-42.

Either way KRG has confirmed a new iteration of their high-end chassis, as well as launching other cool stuff like a Bravo for the 10/22.

Unfortunately my 10/22 is a takedown, or I'd be right on that..

Hopefully there will be more .277 Fury details, perhaps some 6.8 bullet musings, and hopefully 8.6 Creedmoor will launch soon. Q is teasing it.
    Last edited by jellydonut; 01-18-2020 at 10:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jellydonut View Post
    It would be cool to get some updates on the KRG Fox-42.

Either way KRG has confirmed a new iteration of their high-end chassis, as well as launching other cool stuff like a Bravo for the 10/22.

Unfortunately my 10/22 is a takedown, or I'd be right on that..

Hopefully there will be more .277 Fury details, perhaps some 6.8 bullet musings, and hopefully 8.6 Creedmoor will launch soon.
    What do you want to know about the fox 42? I have a beta rifle.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    What do you want to know about the fox 42? I have a beta rifle.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk
    Wow, that's awesome.

I want to know how awesome it is!

Does the hybrid DI system work well? Is it accurate? You know.. rifle stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by jellydonut View Post
    Wow, that's awesome.

I want to know how awesome it is!

Does the hybrid DI system work well? Is it accurate? You know.. rifle stuff.
    I only got to take it out to 50 yards cause the 100 yard range was closed when I showed up. So far everything works well. The gas system is super easy to turn up and down, I had a little bit of issue dialing in the gas at the start as I think it was tested with a suppressor and had lower gas than I needed unsuppressed, a couple clicks and we were good to go (the issue was short stroking that led to a dead trigger and I had one stove pipe, adjusting the gas fixed it instantly). Rifle is smooth, looks to be accurate (To be totally fair I have zero long range experience and I had a severely compromised shooting position - narrow rolling table, 2 chairs stacked, no rear bag) at under 2 MOA despite my first time shooting a long range rifle (extrapolated out to 100 yards...), I'll be headed back out when the 100 yard range is open so I can go prone and actually see about groups. So far I am happy with it.

KRG has said they have gotten groups as small as .3" with someone that knows how to shoot a gas gun. Basically the gun is way more accurate than I am, my technique is starting from zero, experience from zero, and even I can hold an acceptable group for gas gun.

I am pretty excited for all the AK stuff coming out this year.

Kalashnikov USA is coming out with an AK-103 clone (and magazines which they supposedly have the TDP for, which is a big deal since if you want some actual AK103 mags right now you can expect to pay a ton of money for one)
    PSA is coming out with an AK-103 clone
    Arsenal coming out with the AK20.

My fingers are crossed for something in 5.45x39

Quote Originally Posted by helothar View Post
    Hornady has 5.45 reloading stuff to include brass.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by helothar View Post
    I am pretty excited for all the AK stuff coming out this year.

Kalashnikov USA is coming out with an AK-103 clone (and magazines which they supposedly have the TDP for, which is a big deal since if you want some actual AK103 mags right now you can expect to pay a ton of money for one)
    PSA is coming out with an AK-103 clone
    Arsenal coming out with the AK20.

That sounds awesome!
    https://www.militarytimes.com/off-du...-series-rifle/

User Tag List