Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: USPSA 2019 CO Nationals equipment survey

Quote Originally Posted by Paul D View Post
    Do you guys think Max Michel and all the other top shooters would have gotten their respective places no matter what they shoot? Basically it's still the Indian not the arrow, right?
    Yes, in a sense of brand choices for firearms. Placement results show that every major brand has an option that supports a top shelf performance.
    That said, people who took places from 4 to 9 are within 1.5% of each other (I am going by memory). I can't exclude that some equipment differences, especially in optic, may have lead to specific placement but not to making or breaking the top 10.

Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    Some guy that can’t win wants to feel better about it so he says it’s because he shoots his carry gun, or employs real world tactics, or whatever.
    Such people don't show up at the Nationals. If USPSA asked this question before the Nats, or any level III match, no participant would care about egos, feel-goods about real world etc. People don't spend four digit sums and take off half-weeks to travel to attend activities where not one person gives a fuck about such things. USPSA is not asking this question simply because it is none of their business, not because they are concerned about offending somebody.
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

Site Supporter
    Well, I want you to know that I won my division in IDPA with a J frame! That was because at our local match, I was the only revolver shooter! I also in another match came in second after a national level champion who has come in the top ranks with Miculek! Oh, only two revolver shooters that day.

As I've said a few times, I shot the J's for practice on more than the square range. If I were to carry a belt based revolver - it would be my 6 shot SW 632 3 inch, hammered, comp'ed, fiber optic 327 mag. I'm going to start shooting USPSA here as it's the closest game in town.

I'm scared to ask about what's your carry gun as I don't want someone to go Hair of Fire, Is it Training or A Game, Why Didn't I Win!

I don't have to worry about winning, I'm too damn slow! I can be deadly in accuracy as I stroll through the stage. Just a cranky old man.

Quote Originally Posted by tlong17I View Post
    With so many P320 users..................….Do you think any of them even considered the CEO of the company they bought their pistol from? (For those not sponsored of course)
    I doubt it.

I know I couldn't care less, if I chose to buy a SIG.

Spirited discussion is great, but let’s make sure this sub forum is about exchange of information with a less edgy style than is common elsewhere.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Spirited discussion is great, but let’s make sure this sub forum is about exchange of information with a less edgy style than is common elsewhere.
    Agreed, snarky remarks about guns firing when they hit the floor and who the CEO is are completely inappropriate here.

Site Supporter
    Please go back to discussing the equipment survey and forget my innocent question that so inflames the cognoscenti. Forgive me as I knew not what I did.

Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    I was betting that was the case. As I said, mine already had metal removed so they did the best they could.

Best way to tell is to see if optic screws holes are completely symmetric. That's actually how I noticed mine was a bit off.
    I had the exact same thing done to my Shadow 2 by CGW and noticed the same offset.

FWIW In IPSC Production Optics where there are no weight limits we see it dominated by the Shadow 2
    Welcome to Africa, bring a hardhat.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    Please go back to discussing the equipment survey and forget my innocent question that so inflames the cognoscenti. Forgive me as I knew not what I did.
    Don't sweat it Glenn, I probably did more to sidetrack it than you did.

User Tag List