Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: USPSA 2019 CO Nationals equipment survey

USPSA 2019 CO Nationals equipment survey

Tip to YVK to alerting me the survey was out. A few highlights. On optics DP Pro at 33 percent, then Romeo 1, then the SRO at 15 percent. The RMR was on 3 percent of competitor pistols. On pistols, 31 percent X5/320 Legion, 16 percent Shadow 2, 14 percent Glock 34.

Name:  F5C8E032-FAA2-41E5-8D2E-E89A217144A7.jpg
Views: 2682
Size:  102.6 KB
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Comparative data from last year:

Brand prevalence: SIG 35%, CZ 22%, Glock 18% (? can't see the number well).

Model prevalence: 320X5 21%, Shadow 2 15%, G34 14%.

Optic prevalence: DPP 33%, Romeo 1 24%, SRO 15%.

Brand prevalence: SIG 30%, CZ 28%, Glock 16%.

Model prevalence: 320X5 16%, Shadow 2 12%, G34 9%.

Optic prevalence: DPP 33%, Romeo 1 28%, Venom 10%.

Random thoughts:

- Seems like both SIG and Glock took some bites out of CZs share this year. Absence of factory optic ready CZ option in the US due to its nonconformity with USPSA CO equipment rules will continue being a problem for CZ.

- I expect further change in optic choices next year. R3Max and SRO were too new to make it to Nationals in numbers.

- RMR remains to be seen as non-competitive against large screen rivals.
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    - Seems like both SIG and Glock took some bites out of CZs share this year. Absence of factory optic ready CZ option in the US due to its nonconformity with USPSA CO equipment rules will continue being a problem for CZ.
    CZ p-10 OR models are not carry optics legal?
    --Josh
    “Formerly we suffered from crimes; now we suffer from laws.” - Tacitus.

They are, they are.

What they are not is being that popular in this particular shooter's group, people who go to Nationals. Shadow 2 is the most popular CZ, it actually increased its share despite overall CZ's decline. And despite being the hardest CZ to set up for CO. The second most popular is original Shadow. The P10s haven't made it in as much, and the Nat's data is concordant with my own observation. Other than GJM in one match, I've not seen a single person shoot one. While I know what Shadow 2 may offer over P320 or G34 in this category, despite being a pain in the ass and the wallet to set up, I don't see anything that P10 does.

I should've phrased that sentence more carefully, I should've said Shadow, not all CZs.
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

Sig does make it really easy to get in the game, for sure. Max winning CO as much as he does certainly helps sales as well.

I just got my Shadow 2 slide back from Cajun. Now I have 2 CO guns, both direct milled. My G34 has the Delta Point, my S2 an SRO.

I can't really see myself buying one, but I'm curious why the Sig is so popular?

Do they also publish what the top o the pops was using? Maybe top 10 or 20 shooters? Same list of guns, gear, and ammo, but broken out by the top 20 shooters?

Not top 20, but:

1-Max 320 X5 and Sig Romeo 3 Max

2-Nils Canik with DP Pro

3- KC with a Zev

4- Ariss with a G34 and DP Pro

6- Kim with a Walther PPQ SF

Actually, Ariss was fifth and I don’t know the number 4 person.

Pretty much, the top guys are using what they are paid to shoot. Unlike Open, there are a variety of pistols being used at the top and throughout CO.

User Tag List