Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: USPSA 2019 CO Nationals equipment survey

Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I just got my Shadow 2 slide back from Cajun. Now I have 2 CO guns, both direct milled. My G34 has the Delta Point, my S2 an SRO.

Out of curiosity: is SRO completely centered on Shadow 2 slide?

Reason for asking: CGW milled one of my slides for a direct SRO attachment. The optic is one mm off center. Doesn't make any difference. More so, I am not complaining: they milled the SRO pocket over the existing DPP pocket, allowing me to start divesting from DPPs, so I am grateful. I am just curious if off center is how they do it in general, or it is because they had to work with an already milled slide.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Actually, Ariss was fifth and I don’t know the number 4 person.
    Luke Cao, now infamously rated a B class at the time of taking the fourth place at the Nationals. Walther with SRO.

Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    I can't really see myself buying one, but I'm curious why the Sig is so popular?

One of the first ones with a "not a Glock grip angle" capitalizing on S&W inability to capture anything other than Jerry Miculek. I really think this is the main reason.
    Others: reliable, accurate and affordable out of box product that shoots very well (save for the trigger and grip surface treatment, I personally have no criticism), very active marketing campaign, initial sponsorship of 25 people SIG team, continuing sponsorship of top performing shooters like Max, Mason Lane, Daniel Horner, Lena Miculek etc, Max killing it in every match (I think he may have been undefeated for 3 years), and obvious willingness to innovate to improve performance (pre-tensioned barrels, tungsten infused poly grips as the examples). As I stated many times, I don't like the company but they totally deserve their success.
    Last edited by YVK; 01-18-2020 at 10:12 AM.
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    Out of curiosity: is SRO completely centered on Shadow 2 slide?

Reason for asking: CGW milled one of my slides for a direct SRO attachment. The optic is one mm off center. Doesn't make any difference. More so, I am not complaining: they milled the SRO pocket over the existing DPP pocket, allowing me to start divesting from DPPs, so I am grateful. I am just curious if off center is how they do it in general, or it is because they had to work with an already milled slide.
    Perfectly centered, as best I can tell.

Name:  2256D81B-A0A5-4E9D-BF17-89740FF451D3.jpg
Views: 595
Size:  47.2 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    Perfectly centered, as best I can tell.
    I was betting that was the case. As I said, mine already had metal removed so they did the best they could.

Best way to tell is to see if optic screws holes are completely symmetric. That's actually how I noticed mine was a bit off.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Tip to YVK to alerting me the survey was out. A few highlights. On optics DP Pro at 33 percent, then Romeo 1, then the SRO at 15 percent. The RMR was on 3 percent of competitor pistols. On pistols, 31 percent X5/320 Legion, 16 percent Shadow 2, 14 percent Glock 34.

Attachment 47375
    Looks like that is available online, have a link to the article?

Recently renewed my USPSA membership, but didn't find it on USPSA Down Range. I'm either doing the search poorly or I'm looking in the wrong spot.

If you're a full member, you go to the site, look for media and news or something like that, find the Frontsight or Down Range, whatever the name is, and download it.

I am a cheap dude with associate membership and no media access. I live vicariously through @GJM.
    Last edited by YVK; 01-18-2020 at 11:40 AM.

It would have been good of them to break out the P320 X5 and P320 X5 Legion separately. Anecdotally I have seen 0 standard P320 X5 shooters in months, but at every USPSA match I've been to, I've squadded with at least 1 P320 X5 Legion shooter and a number of people who own them but were shooting other guns.
    Last edited by Eyesquared; 01-18-2020 at 11:52 AM.

We still have a good number of X5 shooters around here. #18 on the Nats placement list is a local dude, a regular X5 user. Some folks continue because they are happy with results, some jumped on X5 wagon because the prices went down when Legions came out, others just don't care to spend mor money for the switch.

Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    If you're a full member, you go to the site, look for media and news or something like that, find the Frontsight or Down Range, whatever the name is, and download it.

I am a cheap dude with associate membership and no media access. I live vicariously through @GJM.
    Thanks, I was looking at the USPSA Down Range Archives.

Your pointers took me here:

USPSA home page
    Media and Info
    Far left hand side: Frontsight Online.

Thanks again.

It is unbelievable to me how popular the X5 Legion has become. Around here people are snapping them up to compete with. In a lot of cases these are crappy shooters who think they are going to buy skill. I hate to admit it, but in some cases the gun is so good it seems to be working. I tried one out. I like it but pulling the trigger right after trying a Staccato P duo, I was like meh.

Quote Originally Posted by Eyesquared View Post
    It would have been good of them to break out the P320 X5 and P320 X5 Legion separately. Anecdotally I have seen 0 standard P320 X5 shooters in months, but at every USPSA match I've been to, I've squadded with at least 1 P320 X5 Legion shooter and a number of people who own them but were shooting other guns.
    They did break it down, but you probably couldn’t see the detail. The X5 was 21 percent and the 320 Legion was ten percent. When the 2020 survey comes out, I suspect that the Legion will be very dominant, since it had only been out a few months by Nationals. I believe I commented on the increasing popularity in AZ, a week or two back, as every match there seem to be more more of them. I think they are displacing Glock and CZ pistols, and 2011 shooters especially seem to like them as the grip and overall weight are similar. (Before I forget, I felt a GlockStore drop in 320 trigger today, and it was easily the best striker trigger I have ever felt.) I also predict the SRO will close the gap with the DP Pro in 2020, or even overtake it. To find the CO Nationals survey, go to the USPSA member area and look at the January Front Sight magazine, as it is in that issue.

Name:  14137134-8A15-4053-B463-EC3C59212959.jpg
Views: 547
Size:  41.1 KB
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

User Tag List