Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: USPSA 2019 CO Nationals equipment survey

Not sure if this link will work, but hopefully this brings up the survey for you:

https://uspsa.org/magazine/view//2020-01#page=49
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Thanks GJM. I did skim through the results earlier but I didn't squint hard enough to see the Legion there. My anecdotal experience with what I've seen at matches more or less matches yours. I should note that I was referring to matches that all took place since Nationals.

Site Supporter
    I was surprised to see the M&Ps noted. Will be interesting to see if more interest with the 2.0 "CORES" hitting market

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Not top 20, but:

1-Max 320 X5 and Sig Romeo 3 Max

2-Nils Canik with DP Pro

3- KC with a Zev

4- Ariss with a G34 and DP Pro

6- Kim with a Walther PPQ SF
    This was the info I was able to collect back in September.

1) Max 320 X5 Romeo 3 Max
    2) KC Zev (glock) Burris
    3) Nils Canik DPP
    4) Cao Q5 Match SF SRO 5.0
    5) Ariss Glock Store (Glock) SRO 2.5
    6) Kim Q5 Match SF SRO 5.0
    7) BJ Wilson Combat (glock)DPP 7.5

Site Supporter
    Curious, do they survey the carry gun of the competitors as compared to their competition gun? Anecdotely, a friend of mine who shoots a neat CZ, carries a Glock.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    Curious, do they survey the carry gun of the competitors as compared to their competition gun? Anecdotely, a friend of mine who shoots a neat CZ, carries a Glock.
    In a lot of areas that would be a quick survey.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    Eventually you realize that this doesn’t matter, and nobody really cares.

Most organizations aren’t in the business of making non-participants or non-competitive participants, feel better about themselves at the expense of the ones putting in the time, showing up, and winning.
    Last edited by rob_s; 01-19-2020 at 01:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MVS View Post
    In a lot of areas that would be a quick survey.
    Back when I used to run IDPA matches, I really wanted to run a match with a surprise requirement where everyone would have been stopped at the range entrance, queried about their CCW gun they were carrying at the moment, and then required to shoot that gun for the match, in the holster that they were carrying the gun in. It wouldn't have worked for a lot of reasons, not the least of which would have been that a lot of competitors would have been reduced to pointing their fingers and yelling "bang!"

Quote Originally Posted by CleverNickname View Post
    Back when I used to run IDPA matches, I really wanted to run a match with a surprise requirement where everyone would have been stopped at the range entrance, queried about their CCW gun they were carrying at the moment, and then required to shoot that gun for the match, in the holster that they were carrying the gun in. It wouldn't have worked for a lot of reasons, not the least of which would have been that a lot of competitors would have been reduced to pointing their fingers and yelling "bang!"
    That is a timmie’s wet dream, but IDPA and USPSA which both use a timer and scoring are still a game, and a significant number of participants treat it like a game.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    That is a timmie’s wet dream, but IDPA and USPSA which both use a timer and scoring are still a game, and a significant number of participants treat it like a game.
    I've always run a G34 in production. I have a gun that I am finishing up to run in CO, but Tuesday night I took my carry gun to the league night. It happens to have a RM06, comp and a flashlight (Roland ish) on it so I ran in Open, from concealment, AIWB in a Tenicor Malus Sol. What a blast.

Still a game, but that is my carry gun.

User Tag List