Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: S&W M&P .45 LE trade-in w/ night sights, $300

Quote Originally Posted by revchuck38 View Post
    Where do these kits show up? I need one for my 40.
    I'll let you know right after I get the ones I need...

Name:  hahaha-just-kidding-meme.jpg
Views: 477
Size:  31.6 KB

I've seen them on the usual auction sites but you might have luck finding one on the S&W Forum. I don't recall it being a difficult install and I don't recall if there's different kits for different frame sizes. I think my friend Mr Google had the specifics.
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

I'm not really a M&P fan, but damn that's really hard to ignore at that price....

Site Supporter
    I have seen posts here referring to M&P line as the poor mans Wilson EDC. Never sure if that was meant to be sarcastic or if the trigger can be get close to a 1911?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Whirlwind06 View Post
    I have seen posts here referring to M&P line as the poor mans Wilson EDC. Never sure if that was meant to be sarcastic or if the trigger can be get close to a 1911?

Not sure, but I think it was meant referring to a .45 ACP pistol that is accurate and runs with no drama. I wouldn't want a striker-fired gun with a 1911ish trigger unless it had a thumb safety, at least not as a carry gun.

A consideration about getting one of the linked trade in guns is that NEW 2.0s seem to be out there for $409-$419. That just seems fantastic to me. I might be about to indirectly inherit a bunch of loaded 45 ammo from a source I trusted, I might be tempted. I have a 1.0 with Apex trigger, the 2.0 is still interesting to me.

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    Can the TS be added?
    Quote Originally Posted by awp_101 View Post
    Yes, I did it to the 9c I used to have (and should have kept). You just have to keep an eye out for the kits and be ready to buy when you find one.
    Quote Originally Posted by awp_101 View Post
    I'll let you know right after I get the ones I need...
    I never could get in the groove of the placement and have converted several of them the other direction and should have a few of these around...

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Whirlwind06 View Post

I've probably said it, though mostly tongue in cheek. A custom gun brings something undefinable to the table.

Still...have you ever shot an M&P with an Apex FSS and flat trigger? Sure it's not a 1911 trigger (nothing is really), but it's a better trigger than the SA mode of most TDA guns. Mine is about 3.5 lbs, very little take-up and over travel. It really is a single action trigger. With a thumb safety and a KKM or Apex barrel and you'll be able to do everything a Wilson EDC can do. For way less money.

The main caveat here is that the TS model sig 320s actually have a better safety and the triggers can also be tuned very well, but I have no experience with them.

For me personally, sub 2 inch groups at 25 yards offhand is something doable with either of my dolled up M&Ps. That's really about the limit of my shooting ability tbh. A high level Bullseye shooter could probably do way better.

And my super fancy slicked up M&P cost less than 700 bucks altogether. Gun was 279 used, barrel was another 200 (I fit it myself) and the Apex kit/trigger we'll be generous and round up to 200.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    I am already seeing cheap M&P 2.0s at the LGS - including the M&P 2.0 45s.

Previous question - yes, with APEX parts you can make a very nice trigger on a M&P - and I think I get even better triggers on the 2.0s (very subjective).

Site Supporter

Speed Shooter Specialties (I don’t have a link) has them in on occasion.
    Polite Professional

Vending Machine Operator
    Quote Originally Posted by ranger View Post
    I am already seeing cheap M&P 2.0s at the LGS - including the M&P 2.0 45s.

Previous question - yes, with APEX parts you can make a very nice trigger on a M&P - and I think I get even better triggers on the 2.0s (very subjective).
    I got my 2.0 M&P45 for $388 shipped on a flash sale. Strong contender for best gun deal of my life.
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by PD Sgt. View Post
    Speed Shooter Specialties (I don’t have a link) has them in on occasion.
    I've got the link - just got in a new RSA for my .45 mid-size from them - but they don't show them as in stock, at least that I could find.

User Tag List