Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 1911 pistolsmiths taking work

Site Supporter
    I don’t think Burton is taking new work right now. But he’s in here some. His place to say.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Exiledviking View Post
    The first two sentences stood out and immediately I thought; Jason Burton!!!
    I've been admiring his work for years.

Plus, and a huge one, he's a valued member here.
    I dream of a Burton gun gut thats champagne tastes and I have a beer budget.

Virgil Tripp especially 9mm guns. He'll get them squared away like nobody's business.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    Not sure how retro but check out AJ Zito...he might be doing work still.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

Student
    AJ is still working on guns to the best of my knowledge; a couple months ago he did some work on my friend's Professional.

Bob Cogan at Accurate Plating & Weaponry is very good with 1911's, Browning HiPowers, and has done some great revolver work for me. He did 4 projects for me this year and the turn around was less than 6 weeks in each case, which I think is pretty fast these days.

He has been working on my USPSA raceguns since the mid-90's when his shop was in Tampa. I have never been disappointed.

While he does good gunsmithing work, if you want something refinished in hard chrome he is the go to guy for sure.

Dave Sams does a lot of 9mm 1911 work. More than .45s the last time we spoke.
    This is the machine rested 10 shot 50 yard group he test shot with my Springer.

Attachment 47415
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

I've had good results with Don Williams at The Action Works.

Pardon the thread drift, but does anybody know if John Jardine is taking work? He co-hosts classes in the Bay Area regularly, but I keep forgetting to ask him if he's taking work. His personal gun always runs like a sewing machine. I'm not sure I can afford him, but I hear good things about his pistols.

http://www.jardinescustom.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Mark D View Post
    Pardon the thread drift, but does anybody know if John Jardine is taking work? He co-hosts classes in the Bay Area regularly, but I keep forgetting to ask him if he's taking work. His personal gun always runs like a sewing machine. I'm not sure I can afford him, but I hear good things about his pistols.

http://www.jardinescustom.com/
    If you don't know him, don't train with him or don't carry a 1911 for work he ain't interested.

User Tag List