Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Walther Q4 Steel Frame

They will have the coveted 40 oz, $1200 striker fired duty market cornered after this. But in all honesty I love these.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by AJD21 View Post
    They will have the coveted 40 oz, $1200 striker fired duty market cornered after this. But in all honesty I love these.
    Haha. Pretty much this. It's expensive, but I gotta admit I kinda want it. It'd be great competition gun. I probably won't do it because I don't want to do another platform, but it definitely piques my interest.

jm

Vending Machine Operator
    I will confess that after the CCP, PPX, and Creed I've been eyeballing Walther with some trepidation lately. My PPS M1 was a great, great gun (still is, in my mom's service) but I wonder if they're quite what they used to be.

Still, these look pretty slick.
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

Quote Originally Posted by LockedBreech View Post
    I will confess that after the CCP, PPX, and Creed I've been eyeballing Walther with some trepidation lately.
    What's wrong with them?

ETA: the CCP has a weird operating system. Wouldn't touch it with a ten foot pole. The other two seem relatively normal.
    Last edited by Alpha Sierra; 01-17-2020 at 01:16 PM.

Site Supporter
    I will confess that after the CCP, PPX, and Creed I've been eyeballing Walther with some trepidation lately. My PPS M1 was a great, great gun (still is, in my mom's service) but I wonder if they're quite what they used to be.

The CCP, PPX, and Creed were built to a price point to increase sales volume. The PPQ is the standard for comparison.
    With liberty and justice for all...must be 18, void where prohibited, some restrictions may apply, not available in all states.

In defense of Walther they are owned by Uramex that uses the Walther name on guns that don’t live up to the brands reputation(and that aren’t even made in the Walther factory) and I’m guessing that if Walther was its own boss they might not have ever let some of these firearms see the light of day.

Then again keeping street cred with “serious” shooters doesn’t mean anything if it doesn’t pay the bills vs selling cheap guns to the the average joe.
    Last edited by AJD21; 01-17-2020 at 01:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bart Carter View Post
    The CCP, PPX, and Creed were built to a price point to increase sales volume.
    I understand that. I was asking about what is actually wrong with them. Do they not work when they're supposed to? Do they break parts like a mid 70s American car?

Or is this the typical "inexpensive = junk" mentality?

Vending Machine Operator
    If Ruger and Smith & Wesson can build reliable $250 guns there's no reason the CCP should have been a jam-o-matic pot metal gun. The Creed just smacks of the lowest-common-denominator "Grip Zone" style marketing that I strongly dislike. The PPX was fine but with a super strange grip angle.

I have owned a P99AS and a PPSM1. They were good guns. But my most recent shooting on a 2018-manufacture Walther (PPS M2) produced several stoppages with Federal American Eagle.

Inexpensive = junk has nothing to do with it. I enthusiastically endorse the Smith & Wesson SD9VE.

If I'm wrong about Walther, I'm fine with that. Just expressing some misgivings of late that I don't think I'm alone in feeling.
    Last edited by LockedBreech; 01-17-2020 at 02:23 PM.
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

I'd say PPQ/99 series pistols are less likely to have problems than majority of their competitors. More accurate and reliable than most with full spectrum of loads, better trigger while still striking primers 25-35% harder than other striker fired pistols, better able to handle dry or dirty conditions despite tighter tolerances, no need for aftermarket control or action parts, very long lasting internals and magazines, etc.

New or revised pistols outside the series not so much.

Agree PPS M1 is wonderful.

-------------

P.S. folks with a more standard PPQ should try out the small backstrap if they man sized hands. The medium with a hump in the middle of the grip, like all similarly shaped pistol grips, causes the pistol to cam more during recoil...huge reason for the reputation of being snappy or flippy.

User Tag List