Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Walther Q4 Steel Frame

Quote Originally Posted by Dcowboyscr View Post
    Yes the Q4 Steel Frame uses the PPQ trigger/Fire control parts.
    Most of the roughness is on the top edge of the transfer bar, where it contacts the firing pin block plunger in the slide. For some reason they don't finish that surface very well.

It will definitely smooth-up on its own with use, and you can help it along with some minor hand polishing. I'll take a few close-up photos to show where.

Edit - this describes the process. I did not use a Dremel, did all by hand;

https://www.waltherforums.com/thread...-images.35563/

This gets the trigger to the point of very acceptable, and it only gets better with use.
    Last edited by NH Shooter; 07-05-2020 at 10:53 AM.

It appears the Q4SF has a different trigger bar assembly than the PPQ. But the most of the other fire control parts appear to be common https://www.carl-walther.com/service...q4+steel+frame

Quote Originally Posted by Dcowboyscr View Post
    Thanks for the detailed post. Good stuff. I’m really liking the Q4 Steel frame. The pretravel on the trigger is disappointingly gritty however. I dry fired several polymer framed PPQ and subcompact POQ and their triggers were much better as in lighter and smoother take up and break after you hit the wall. I think this is one area Walther could improve these steel frame guns. I’m researching the Walther Dynamic Performance Trigger that’s supposed to be coming out soon.
    If you're experiencing gritty pre-travel, I'd recommend checking the striker safety plunger/spring. I had a PPQ with a similar issue but when I removed the slide and checked the trigger travel, it was butter smooth. So I figured the issue was the trigger bar's engagement with the striker safety plunger. I smoothed out that engagement a bit and still had some grit.

I finally isolated the issue to the striker safety spring, which was bound up inside its channel. Maybe it was out of spec, or installed improperly at the factory. But a simple replacement fixed it.

Any updates on this one? I messed with one today in the shop.... impressive feeling. Didn’t get to shoot.

I handled one this week. If ammo ever becomes unobtainium, the Q4 would make a great impact weapon — damn that thing is dense.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

User Tag List