Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Michael Bloomberg Discovers America is Bigger Than New York

Quote Originally Posted by JRB View Post
    Last Feb when I was on a puddle jumper flight out of Des Moines to Chicago, I was seated next to Mayor DeBlasio. I asked him which NYC pizza joint was his favorite, and his answer was that he didn't get out much.

Years ago when I was still an E4, we got this E6 in from NYC. He had just moved to New Mexico and was carrying on in his Brooklyn drawl how polite all the drivers were out here. I laughed and he asked me what was so funny.
    I had to explain that in ABQ you don't see a lot of horn honking or bird flipping compared to most cities because at any given stoplight theres probably 2 or 3 guns in cars.
    He was astonished and flabbergasted that "any old jackoff" could have a pistol in their car, loaded, no permit or anything.
    He asked me if I owned guns and I just smiled and said "a few".
    Yeah, you mind your manors in ABQ. PHX same way.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Borderland View Post
    I like Mexican food. A lot of that is eaten without utensils. Taquitos and tacos are an example. Even a burrito can be eaten without utensils. Around here they come wrapped in foil from the joints that serve mostly Hispanics. If you peel them just right you can eat them without a fork. That's how I eat them.

I have a friend who absolutely won't eat anything without utensils. She was born and raised in fly over country and never traveled. I think it's unfortunate that many people have no idea how diverse this country really is.
    Eating burritos with a knife and fork is a sin, and "wet" burritos are an abomination.

News Flash: Michael Bloomberg discovers his favorite hat is actually his ass. More at 10:00.
    “If you know the way broadly you will see it in everything." - Miyamoto Musashi

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Seven_Sicks_Two View Post
    Eating burritos with a knife and fork is a sin, and "wet" burritos are an abomination.
    Sorry, burritos enchilada style muy bueno.
    With liberty and justice for all...must be 18, void where prohibited, some restrictions may apply, not available in all states.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Bart Carter View Post
    Sorry, burritos enchilada style muy bueno.
    Blasphemer.

Quote Originally Posted by Seven_Sicks_Two View Post
    Yeah, I don's buy it either. Too many good ones from a bunch of different Mexican regional styles. Everything from Camarones to Mole.
    "If I ever needed to hunt in a tuxedo, then this would be the rifle I'd take." - okie john

"Not being able to govern events, I govern myself." - Michel De Montaigne

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Mole and chili verde, just to get started. Even chili Colorado.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Question

That was fun! Mr. Bloomberg is already spending Big Bucks on the very professionally produced campaign Ads I've seen. Couple things occurred to me. If Mr. Bloomberg chose to, he could spend much more on his campaign for nomination, then for the White House, than the total spent by both major parties during the last election, and his life style would not have to change one bit. The other thing; With his fortune, could he, or his associates of like mind, not buy out and close every major firearms manufacturer in the United States if they chose to. I realize private owners might not sell, at least initially. But would corporations answering to stockholders be likely to turn down a buyer offering windfall prices for a company's stock? I admit I don't know how Big Money works, but with Mr. Bloomberg's vast resources, quest for the White House, and long time vocal and financial Anti-2A stance, maybe he actually can buy this election?
    Last edited by Rock185; 01-22-2020 at 10:40 PM.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rock185 View Post
    The other thing; With his fortune, could he, or his associates of like mind, not buy out and close every major firearms manufacturer in the United States if they chose to. I realize private owners might not sell, at least initially. But would corporations answering to stockholders be likely to turn down a buyer offering windfall prices for a company's stock?
    See: Fiduciary Responsibility.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

"See: Fiduciary Responsibility. "

I'm in a Pedantic Nit mood :-): If the fair market value of a company is $100, and someone offers to buy it for $200, isn't it the fiduciary duty of the directors to sell? Remington isn't supposed to be in the business of making guns, it's supposed to be in the business of making money for Remington stockholders.

"could he, or his associates of like mind, not buy out and close every major firearms manufacturer in the United States"

I expect he could. But suppose he does buy every major manufacturer, melts the machinery, razes the buildings, and sows salt in the ruins (will the EPA let you do that?). You don't need giant factories to make guns. Every mom-n-pop machine shop would be thinking 'Well, by gum, I reckon I'll start making AR parts and Glock clones'. It might be a bummer if no one geared up to make nice lever actions or whatever, but it's not like people wanting a gun to defend themselves would find the shelves bare at the local gun store.

User Tag List