Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Pincus teaming up with former Brady president

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    The difference is, there hasn't been any serious legislation that is obviously aimed at wholesale disenfranchisement of any legal voting population in my lifetime. At least nothing I've heard about.
    After thinking about it a little more, what I wrote above is false.

When a place like CA, NY, NJ, CT or VA persists in passing ever more oppressive gun control laws, the only actual effect is to cause gun owners to decide they've had enough and find a red state to move to. The end result is nothing more or less than the disenfranchisement, as far as has any effect in that jurisdiction, of people who more likely than not hold a conservative viewpoint.

If being a gun owner (and for present purposes, "gun owner" is actually a functional proxy for "conservative") was a religious faith or an ethnicity, the radical left's policies would fit definitions of ethnic cleansing.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Nah. We also just stop listening to laws--literally, choose no longer to be law-abiding. Care to guess how many people I know with un-neutered AR-15s and compensated pistols here in the great state of You Can't Have That?

Also, yeah, Prince Andrew very famously said that if anyone didn't like gun control or any of his other looney-tunes agenda items, we should get out of New York.

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wise_A View Post
    Nah. We also just stop listening to laws--literally, choose no longer to be law-abiding. Care to guess how many people I know with un-neutered AR-15s and compensated pistols here in the great state of You Can't Have That?

Also, yeah, Prince Andrew very famously said that if anyone didn't like gun control or any of his other looney-tunes agenda items, we should get out of New York.
    I will say that I have noticed a marked increase in non-compliant lookin firearms brought to the range. While I think Kalifornia’s gun laws are mercurial enough that some might be honest mistakes - I think a significant number of people have just reached the point of willful disobedience. It’s amazing to think that someone with a USGI flash hider on their M14 clone is committing a felony while someone who walks out of a BestBuy with a $900 TV than they didn’t pay for is only guilty of a misdemeanor in the very unlikely event the police do anything about it.

"Common sense" and "middle ground" never deem to work out in favor of gun owners.

User Tag List