Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Multiple mag carriers for edc

Multiple mag carriers for edc

I've been following the other thread about competition carriers. I didn't want to hijack the thread so I figured I'd start this one.

I've been carrying for over 20 years. Have recently settled on leather owb holsters and I've been using the kydex Magholder brand horizontal mag carriers.

I've been considering adding a second mag for edc. I like the single horizontal holder for comfort worn at 10:00. Back in the day I used to wear verticals at 7-8:00 but it was uncomfortable, especially while driving. Reevaluating two singles or a double at 9:00.

What do you guys prefer?

Site Supporter
    I値l sometimes carry more than one spare magazine if I知 carrying a single stack, or if I知 wearing my Miami Classic shoulder holster - and then it痴 not because I suddenly think I need more ammo, but for balance and the fact that the rig already has a double carrier on it, so why not.

Other than that, if I知 carrying a double stack, I知 only gonna carry one spare magazine, whether it痴 on my belt or in my pocket. If I知 carrying a Glock and my spare magazine is on my belt, I really like the JMCK single AIWB carrier. I壇 probably like it if I was carrying any other double stack auto, but I only have one for Glock magazines.

I知 more likely to carry a Jframe and a speed strip or two than a double stack auto and more than a single spare.

Not to dissuade you from carrying two magazines, but I'd advise making sure you have a flashlight, fixed blade, and tourniquet before a third magazine.

If you already carry those and still have room and weight to spare for a third mag, go right ahead. I

When I'm off duty (which means I'm not looking for trouble), I don't feel under-ammo 'ed with just a single spare mag.

I also don't have a "rotation" of carry guns. It's always the same 19 in the same holster. So 31 rounds total and an extra mag if I need to strip the first for a malfunction. I'm cool with that.

Just my humble opinion.

Banned
    This is a Bianchi Accumold double magazine carrier

I think it cost $20. I don't think it's high speed low drag or anything like that but it is quite comfortable and it's not much bigger than my cell phone. It can be carried either horizontally or vertically whichever you choose and it has adjustable retention.

I've been using mine for I think going on 5 years and I really haven't had any reason to consider replacing it in that time.
    Last edited by Cypher; 01-17-2020 at 04:33 AM.

Site Supporter
    I'm a single reload guy. When carrying a j frame its a speed loader in the right front pocket. When carrying a G19 or G26, its a Glock factory 24rnd mag at the 11 o'clock.

The only time I usually carry more than a single reload is during a match or class. Then its additional single mag pouches.

Site Supporter
    For EDC, and some limited work applications, I have been using the Blue Force Gear double ten-speed belt mounted pouch. Its two elastic cells allow carry of all variety of pistol mags (Beretta or Glock), light, or small OC. Multi-tools fit too. I have one on a work belt that carries a Leatherman Wave. The addition of a single cell version allows me to mix and match. Usually, it's a flash light in the left front pocket with 1 mag/1 OC in the double. This is the usual case when carrying a double stack pistol. If carrying a 43X, it's light in the pocket, 2 mags in the double, and OC in the single. Their belt mount handcuff pouch is pretty handy too. A helium whisper version, attached to an RCS pocket shield, keeps mags and some others things organized in my off-duty, pistol-centric "go-bag". I've been using the same pouches for several years. While they look worn, they still grip their contents securely. Function over form.
    Last edited by Jason M; 01-17-2020 at 06:45 AM.

Site Supporter
    I have carried two magazines any time I carry my gun IWB for as long as I have carried semiautos. The most compact, concealable setup I have found is a pair of Custom Carry Concepts Basic Magazine Pouches with a Basic Light Pouch from the same maker in front of the spare magazines. The two single pouches allow the belt to curve around my waist in a manner that would be resisted by a double pouch.

I have also used Kramer and Blade-Tech double magazine pouches. I like the Kramer for the reduced belt space required.

I only carry one spare magazine when pocket carrying.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

Site Supporter
    Two singles typically take up less room than one double.

Two singles can be placed around belt loops etc far easier than one double.

Custom carry concepts singles in kydex are excellent.

Glock/Safariland and even the Blackhawk injection molded ones work quite well at under 20 per as well.

FWIW

I carry two mags, one in a JM aiwb carrier, the other in a JM single at 8-10:00 depending on the belt loops and what vehicle I'm in.

Living across the Golden Bridge , and through the Rainbow Tunnel, somewhere north of Fantasyland.
    Quote Originally Posted by BillSWPA View Post
    I have carried two magazines any time I carry my gun IWB for as long as I have carried semiautos. The most compact, concealable setup I have found is a pair of Custom Carry Concepts Basic Magazine Pouches with a Basic Light Pouch from the same maker in front of the spare magazines. The two single pouches allow the belt to curve around my waist in a manner that would be resisted by a double pouch.

I have also used Kramer and Blade-Tech double magazine pouches. I like the Kramer for the reduced belt space required.

I only carry one spare magazine when pocket carrying.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    What Bill said.

User Tag List