Thread: Smith & Wesson CEO James Debney mysteriously ousted

Smith & Wesson CEO James Debney mysteriously ousted

Just saw this, don't see it here:
    Smith & Wesson CEO ousted over misconduct
    The parent company of gunmaker Smith & Wesson has ousted its CEO because he allegedly broke an unspecified corporate rule.

Chief executive James Debney left his post at American Outdoor Brands Corporation after its board of directors found he “engaged in conduct inconsistent with a non-financial company policy,” the company said in a Wednesday news release.

The firm did not offer further details about Debney’s alleged misconduct but said he has been replaced by co-CEOs Mark Smith and Brian Murphy.
    EDIT TO ADD...
    This 'graph from the end is interesting:
    Debney had been president and CEO of American Outdoor Brands, previously known as Smith & Wesson Holding Corporation, since 2011. He was expected to lead the firm following its planned spinoff of the Smith & Wesson gun business, which was announced in November.
    I seem to have missed that announcement.
    Last edited by Drang; 01-16-2020 at 08:26 PM.
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

Quote Originally Posted by Drang View Post
    ...I seem to have missed that announcement.
    AOBC will still own S&W (at least so far); the carve-out is to protect AOBC assets in the event S&W gets sued in a manner similar to the Remington/Sandy Hook lawsuit.
    Hain’t we got all the fools in town on our side? And ain’t that a big enough majority in any town?

Site Supporter
    I wonder if the corporate office is an NPE and he was caught carrying a Glock?

Quote Originally Posted by camsdaddy View Post
    I wonder if the corporate office is an NPE and he was caught carrying a Glock?
    More likely carrying on with a blonde.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    “engaged in conduct inconsistent with a non-financial company policy,” sure sounds like something that involves a schlong in an NPE...

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    FDE.
    Ignore Alien Orders

Site Supporter
    Poor fella will probably only get a several million dollar severance package

User Tag List