Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Matt Harris Knives

Quote Originally Posted by DanM View Post
    I just checked Instagram and. Matt actually just got back to me. Looks like I should have my knife back next week. I’m not sure if there’s a package description or price formally posted. When I ordered it was when someone had linked an Instagram post Matt made offering 25% off for Black Friday. He described the work as follows: “Price for a refinish, deburr, new edge, and handle work is 50. Texture job adds 25 bucks. I can do my Asymmetrical handle treatment, slightly flattened, or thin downed handles.” I ordered the additional texturing and paid $75, including return shipping, so the full price would be $100 for the package with textured handles.

I don’t know if Matt has a website. I don’t have a Facebook myself so I don’t know if that’s a way he normally communicates. There are photos of completed work on his Instagram page mattharrisknives.

I think if your guy can put a package together at a fair price, it would likely be pretty popular here considering how many members carry clinch picks.
    I sent him a message this morning since UNK posted.

Did he refund you?
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Quote Originally Posted by orionz06 View Post
    I sent him a message this morning since UNK posted.

Did he refund you?
    Sorry I meant to mention this in my reply to UNK but forgot. Matt offered to refund my money because of the delay. I turned him down since I have no issue with paying for the work as long as it gets done. The fact that he offered to refund my money while still getting the work done says a lot about him though. If work ends up being acceptable, I won’t let the delay in this project stop me from doing business with Matt in the future.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Cool. Not sure what all he's said, but he has far less free time than imagined while he runs through some required job training.

Found this image of his rework.
    Name:  E9452E99-AAFD-40C6-9B05-BD46C806FAD2.jpeg
Views: 249
Size:  22.6 KB
    The thing is you can get a new 2.0 CP for $120. I believe there have been some sheath improvements with the 2.0.
    I am really curious how the retention is after the rework. Looking forward to seeing yours and getting impressions.
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

The sheath is the same as they've been shipping with for a bit, an optimized version of the original. It's 100% workable and had I not made them I'd not likely switch for function purposes.

So talked to my guy today. To get the handle to the same thickness as the 2.0 would only give you small flats on tbe handle. Not totally flat like the 2.0 handles. In addition where had already hollow ground it he cant do the double edge due to insufficient material.
    I think Im gonna pass on a redo. I may offer mine up at a substantial discount then put the money towards a 2.0. Ill take the 2.0 to him and see if he can do the double edge on it and sharpen the primary edge.

Quote Originally Posted by DanM View Post
    Sorry I meant to mention this in my reply to UNK but forgot. Matt offered to refund my money because of the delay. I turned him down since I have no issue with paying for the work as long as it gets done. The fact that he offered to refund my money while still getting the work done says a lot about him though. If work ends up being acceptable, I won’t let the delay in this project stop me from doing business with Matt in the future.
    Did you ever get a reworked knife back?

Quote Originally Posted by UNK View Post
    Did you ever get a reworked knife back?
    Haha. Nope. Not yet. I’m rethinking turning down the refund.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

User Tag List