Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Federal "Punch" Ammo

Taking advantage of the fact Wal-Mart ain't selling pistol ammunition so there's less bulk box Remington hollow points out there to compete with?
    Last edited by Baldanders; 01-16-2020 at 10:29 PM.
    REPETITION CREATES BELIEF
    REPETITION BUILDS THE SEPARATE WORLDS WE LIVE AND DIE IN
    NO EXCEPTIONS

Glad to see Federal out there in the shit fighting for bottom rung on a ladder with a bunch of bottom rungs.

I wish federal would just make a 124gr '9BPLE' type load.

Just a well engineered, cup n core JHP, loaded to full SAAMI +P spec of 38,500psi (which is the pressure of the "+p+" 9BPLE.) Goal is an actual 1200-1225fps from a G19.

9BPLE is regularly $16/50, $300/1000. A 124gr version at the same prices would be most welcome.

RMR has been making such a bullet for around 1-2 years now. At 9.6 cents per JHP vs 8.2 cents per FMJ, its clear that major manufacturers can make reliable hollowpoints for barely more cost then fmj. There's really no reason why we shouldn't be seeing more $300/1000 JHP loads on the market, given that 9mm 124gr FMJ is $200/1000.

124gr RMR vs 124gr Gold dots, both loaded to the same velocity (1225fps) over 5.8gr BE86:

As it stands, I don't see the appeal of a 'budget' 20rd box of JHP's that have a price of $0.75 per round

Street prices for 147 at targetsports are 16.99 for HST and 14.99* for Punch. I suppose some will shop on price? (Not me.)

*Admittedly, their initial offer price, though it's not yet available at that price. We'll see if it actually stocks at that price.
    Last edited by fly out; 01-16-2020 at 10:58 PM.

Pics in this page look EXACTLY like HST to me. Cannelure included.

https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/...munition-line/

Quote Originally Posted by Sigfan26 View Post
    Maybe HST without the cannaleur.?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/...munition-line/
    Name:  F285BDC8-F011-4E81-A7B3-01D34E61F2E3.jpg
Views: 930
Size:  12.5 KB
    Name:  20B84E26-9358-4F77-9640-F30C3E6EA9E6.jpg
Views: 1309
Size:  25.2 KB
    Name:  958C75CE-CA2B-4402-B15E-8C3A9325F58E.jpg
Views: 1474
Size:  25.9 KB
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

Not bonded?
    That would shave a few pennies per round and not really be a factor without barriers to go through first.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

Quote Originally Posted by 0ddl0t View Post
    147 grains at 1,150 fps? Is this +P+???
    Yeah that's like Buffalo Bore hot. Maybe it's a typo. Here that load is shown as 124 grain. https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/...munition-line/
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Quote Originally Posted by Sigfan26 View Post
    They do buy, initially, based on cost though. I can sell a box of critical defense to 75% of folks before a box of PDX1 because the Hornady has 5 more rounds. Doesn’t matter that I’ve explained all the benefits of an FBI approved round. They always buy the cheaper option.
    Them: What’re the odds I’m gonna need to shoot through glass and metal?
    Me: What are the odds you’re going to be in a gunfight in general? Why not prepare for the worst? We’re not talking about a huge price jump...
    Them: I’ll take a box of Critical defense
    Me: EXCELLENT CHOICE
    There you have it. My friend, Mr. Average CCW Holder, let me shoot his P365 a few weeks ago. He didn't want me to shoot his carry ammo, which as it turns out, was two rounds of Critical Defense on top of eight rounds of 115gr ball. He's the market they're looking at.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Quote Originally Posted by Hambo View Post
    There you have it. My friend, Mr. Average CCW Holder, let me shoot his P365 a few weeks ago. He didn't want me to shoot his carry ammo, which as it turns out, was two rounds of Critical Defense on top of eight rounds of 115gr ball. He's the market they're looking at.
    Sigh...

Probably slow fired the other 23 rounds to "verify function" and felt good about it all.

User Tag List