Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: The problem with appendix carry, courtesy of the village idiot

This guy is just a damn train wreck. Absolutely amazing.

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    ITS PROBABLY NOT A DYNAMIC SITCHA-ATION

Apparently red dots are only for shooting 125 yards away. So glad he was able to clear that up. and GLOCK GOT IT RIGHT THE FIRST TIME AROUND! Because they had RMRs in 1984...

Am I the only person that thinks his eagle logo looks a little bit Downsy?

I think I had a better vocabulary and public speaking skills at age 11.

Quote Originally Posted by JV View Post
    FWIW: John Holschen (Insights Training) thinks AIWB has far more drawbacks than advantages WRT FoF.

I haven't done ECQC or one of John's FoF classes, I'm just throwing it out there to show that it's not universally accepted that AIWB is better for that type of fighting.
    Do you have anything I can read about this? I searched with no luck, and I do believe this is the first time I've ever gotten 2 pages or less of results in a Google search.

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    Do you have anything I can read about this? I searched with no luck, and I do believe this is the first time I've ever gotten 2 pages or less of results in a Google search.
    I'll second that request. I'd be interested in reading some of his opinions on the matter.

I don't carry AIWB for a wide variety of reasons, as from my own standpoint the benefits do not outweigh the obvious drawbacks. As stated, however, that's a standpoint matter, and other individuals may have differing opinions on the weights of those benefits and drawbacks, and choose AIWB. More power to them, if that's works for them.

As for this low class tard, I don't know what's more amusing, his inability to utilize common grammar conventions, or his wannabe tacticool get up. Did anyone else notice how he completely mangled the English language? I didn't know there were [airquotes]"Mindsets of carry"[/airquotes].
    " One of the tribesmen in Thrace now delights in the shield I discarded /Unwillingly near a bush, for it was perfectly good /But at least I got myself safely out. Why should I care for that shield? / Let it go. Some other time I'll find another no worse. - Archilochus
    "To take the uninstructed to war is to throw them away" - Confucious

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    Do you have anything I can read about this?
    No. It was out of scope for the class I took, I only get a few tidbits of why; in short - he think its easier to prevent someone from getting the gun out of their holster if it's AIWB vs. IWB.

To counter that point it, as others have noted, fights are pretty dynamic. What works right now won't work a few seconds later. This might be a nuance of his tactics and the move/methods that he uses .... but he was pretty adamant about it.

Quote Originally Posted by JV View Post
    No. It was out of scope for the class I took, I only get a few tidbits of why; in short - he think its easier to prevent someone from getting the gun out of their holster if it's AIWB vs. IWB.

To counter that point it, as others have noted, fights are pretty dynamic. What works right now won't work a few seconds later. This might be a nuance of his tactics and the move/methods that he uses .... but he was pretty adamant about it.
    Kinda hard to get your gun from 4 o'clock when fighting from your back. Every carry position has drawbacks in different situations. I still believe that for me AIWB offers me more advantages than disadvantages

Quote Originally Posted by vaglocker View Post
    Kinda hard to get your gun from 4 o'clock when fighting from your back. Every carry position has drawbacks in different situations. I still believe that for me AIWB offers me more advantages than disadvantages
    That's why I also carry a BUG on my ankle and one in my pocket. Always one within easy reach
    " One of the tribesmen in Thrace now delights in the shield I discarded /Unwillingly near a bush, for it was perfectly good /But at least I got myself safely out. Why should I care for that shield? / Let it go. Some other time I'll find another no worse. - Archilochus
    "To take the uninstructed to war is to throw them away" - Confucious

Quote Originally Posted by Long tom coffin View Post
    That's why I also carry a BUG on my ankle and one in my pocket. Always one within easy reach
    I carry it air marshall style

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9pl_3xQBPLk
    Fairness leads to extinction much faster than harsh parameters.

OHHHH…. Here’s where all the experts are. Man am I glad that I found you guys… Teach me the way oh wise ones.

Well, I just had to chime in with all of the experts here and say a few things. First of all, I’m glad that you all have so much knowledge that you have nothing new to learn. And that you always buy into whatever the “big name” people sell. But, when someone who doesn’t go along with the rest of the people teaching, his MUST be wrong or doesn’t know what he’s talking about.

I’m SO overwhelmed with all the preschoolers posting here that I just don’t know which one to address first.

I love a good debate where people actually make good points. However, that is rarely the case with any comments here or on the videos we make. Usually the people are not open to new ideas, realistic and practical concepts, etc. Just about everyone one of you have crossed the “idiot” line and you do not deserve an ounce of respect or fair treatment. But, I will TRY to not be too harsh.

Most of you wasted more time with your nonsense here making yourselves feel good than you did watching the video. The majority of the people are guncentric and are limited in their training. This is very obvious due to the comments made here and on YouTube.

And the rest of his concerns seem pretty much just made up.
    If you would actually get out and train you might actually find out what I’m talking about. And, not to mention if you could comprehend what I was saying in the video it might make sense. I’m confident that other than using your gun, you really don’t have much of a plan for survival.

Personally, I don’t care for Gabe and I have my reasons for that. However, that does not concern you. The important thing is that you all want to sit here like you are 100% correct. I simply make a video telling SOME of the flaws in this method of carry for people to consider. But, obviously a lot of you know it all and know more than I do. Great, I hope that you are right. However, I have the right to dislike ANYTHING that anyone teaches.

As far as ranting… whatever. If you are saying something it is worth listening to… If I say something in detail, I’m ranting. It is a discussion forum. Grow up and act like adults.

There’s a lot more to the video than what you are picking up on because you are so hung up on your own egos that you can’t even comprehend what I said. And, we DON’T train like most people do and appendix carry actually hinders what you are doing. But, since your training hinges on the use of the gun training using “traditional” defensive handgun tactics you wouldn’t understand what I’m talking about. I will be shooting another video stating some of this stuff. I doubt that you will get that either so don’t bother watching it. I WILL delete stupid comments.

Sounds like the philosophy at "innovative" tactical concepts is to never try any thing new. People who come up with new ideas are just trying to sell you something. But, at innovative tactical concepts they never come up with something new. Instead they just try to sell you the old ideas of other people.
    Really, now that is pretty funny. The fact of the matter is YES, people do create new things simply to have something new to sell you. Obviously you don’t know anything about marketing and business. Old ideas? Yeah, okay. First of all, you will see VERY FEW things taught by us that other people teach. Maybe some basic shooting and marksmanship, etc. But when it comes to self defense with a handgun… probably not going to see the same thing that others teach because they are more focused on the gun and not survival. We teach you how to survive with and without a handgun.
    Sounds like to me you are judging our entire business on what little you know about us from a video or two. Of course I’m going to talk about things that I don’t agree with and so are you.

As for this low class tard, I don't know what's more amusing, his inability to utilize common grammar conventions, or his wannabe tacticool get up. Did anyone else notice how he completely mangled the English language? I didn't know there were [airquotes]"Mindsets of carry"[/airquotes].
    Seriously, this is the kind of crap you all get off on? Whatever… I’m pretty confident that this low class tard can teach you a thing or two. NO ONE speaks perfectly and if you do, great. I’m not perfect and I’ve not seen a perfect video either. None of our classes are perfect. However, it doesn’t mean that I don’t have something to teach you. So, what you are saying that you can teach CRAP as long as you use big words and correct grammar. Then people like you are going to train on it because they must be right since they impressed you with their speech. Lol. Whatever!

1. As already stated, he flags his assistant on the first draw.
    2. He explains that b/c someone can do something offensive to you, AIWB is bad, but offers no alternative.
    3. Given #2, the only conclusion the viewer can imply is that no one should carry a gun, b/c people can attack you.
    4. This is where my 2 brain cells come in. He obviously should not carry a gun, b/c HE has no skills, but I know that going for my gun while someone's slashing/punching me and I'm not moving/defending is a recipe for disaster.
    You’ve GOT to be kidding me. Is this the preschool audience here? I’ve got no skills. I would love to show you if you ever get out from behind the keyboard and train.

Limited mobility. Ummm...that's a new one on me. I carry AIWB every day and I don't find that it impedes my ability to do anything. I can run, lift things, jump, climb things, and do any task as well with AIWB carry as I can when I don't have a gun on. Can't defend myself if I need to kick with the back leg.
    That’s great. But I’m confident that not everyone is the same way. It depends on your gun, holster, body build, etc. So, your statement is crap because YOU can do it and get by with it with YOUR setup. Then carry there. No one is telling you not to.

What you geniuses don’t get is that I am making SOME points. I didn’t demonstrate real tactics or anything much because it is a FREE video. And I would be giving away some of our tactics that people pay for that NO ONE ELSE TEACHES. If you can’t comprehend what I’m saying in this SIMPLE video, then there is no possible way you keyboard experts will ever understand the real stuff.
    Everyone wants to bash, but I can assure you that 99% of the people on forums wouldn’t survive long enough to draw their gun because they spend more time typing than training. Where’s YOUR videos? I would love the chance to pick them apart. Oh wait, you can’t leave the keyboard long enough to go and train and if you are honest, you probably haven’t fired a gun in the past year, if ever.

I'll defer to guys like SouthNarc on the overall utility of high kicks as a useful tool of self defense and whether or not AIWB carry interferes.
    Of course, he knows it all too just like you guys. Oh, and I NEVER recommend anyone kicking high.

...where instead of having a reasonable discussion he performs the useless equivalent of showing his war face and then rage quitting the thread. Useful insights into the sort of personality you're dealing with and to how sound some of his instruction may be.
    As far as abandoning posts… whatever man. I just get tired of dealing with people that cannot grasp simple concepts. To be honest on the example you provided, I didn’t get any emails stating that there were more posts. Unlike you, I get out and train as much as I can. I don’t surf and post everyday because I’m out figuring things out that you highly skilled typers and jokesters aren’t. Then, I make a video on it because I feel the information needs to get out and YOU can decide what YOU want to do.

It is easy to tell who knows what and how limited their training AND mindset is by the way the talk about what they THINK they know. By no means do I know it all. And I will NOT take any instructors word about anything. I go and train on it and find out why it does or does not work. Maybe YOU should try this too. Oh, and just because something works in FOF, doesn’t mean it DOES work in real world encounters.

In all seriousness, you all really need to get over yourselves and stop limiting your abilities. If someone is teaching something about handguns, I’ve probably been there and done that. And, the SOLE reason that I’m in business is because I disagree with 99% of what is being taught as “defensive handgun training”. Why teach what others are teaching? There’s already 50k + instructors out there teaching.

Most people, yes including you, don’t have any idea the difference between civilian, law enforcement, and military tactics. The majority of so called defensive handgun tactics stem from LE and military training. However, what most people don’t know is that these tactics do not always or even often cross over to civilian encounters.

What you wise cracks didn’t pick up on is that I was talking a lot about the average person. The average person doesn’t have good abilities to defend the gun when carried anywhere, but when they go to draw when carrying AIWB they are giving the threat a good chance to take it, etc. Safety with most people is a concern to. People are taught to shoot from iso stance so they will be or try to be squared up to the target. Thus presenting the issue of “presenting” the gun to the threat. Oh, and not everyone conceals without printing. I’ve seen A LOT of people walking around that have guns “concealed”. Just because I wore a shoot me vest in the video doesn’t mean that I do in everyday life. You won’t see a video that says, “Wear one of these…” Again, you all are just being stupid and nit picking at things that are not important to make yourselves look like you actually know something. It was summer in the heat of August and the vest provides ventilation better than other things and doesn’t blow around much in the wind.

For some bizarre reason he mentions that AIWB complicates where he's going to carry his wallet and other sundries. I have to admit that I'm mystified how a few inches difference in placement on the waist complicates that issue for anyone who is wearing cargo pants and a shoot-me-first vest loaded with pockets. Somehow I manage to carry a P30, a spare mag, a wallet, two knives, keys, a flashlight, and a cell phone in a pair of Levis.
    What the crap?! Listen moron, yes it does alter how you carry. Again Einstein just because I wore something in the video doesn’t mean I do everyday.

Air quote credentials...now there he's actually hitting on some truth. There are god-only-knows how many strip-mall dojo "martial arts" experts out there who consider themselves self defense experts and then share their "insights" on subjects they don't really understand. That leads to utter nonsense like...well...this. So looking for ideas that have objective merit rather than just "I say so!" is a good approach.
    REALLY?! You must be the CEO of morons here. You have no idea what you are talking about. So, let me get this straight, I can defend myself unarmed with my bare hands. I can use a knife, stick, etc., but for some reason when it comes to the use of a HANDgun, I am suddenly ignorant to how to do that? LMFAO!!! You all don’t really have a clue. So, I need someone that only knows gun stuff to teach me how to use a HANDgun. Man you guys are suckers and I see why all are so naïve to things and make your stupid comments. So in YOUR minds I need to go and take classes from people who rely solely on the use of a gun to save their life. RIGHT! Man, why didn’t I think of that? They MUST know what they are doing.

Well, truth be known, the likelihood of you immediately incapacitating someone with a handgun is next to impossible. Even the FBI’s report from 1989 states that unless you hit the brain or upper spinal cord there is NO reason for the body to quit functioning IMMEDIATELY. Yet there are thousands of instructors teaching “defensive handgun training” that state differently. Hell, most people can’t hit center of mass but I’m sure that you guys can deliver 100% hit ratio at a target that is moving fast paced as you are. I’m confident that you bozos can hit the head and take someone immediately out of the fight. I mean, after all, you practice on stationary zombie targets.

You all need to quit breast feeding on these trainers because you are being led astray. If you think for one second that you ARE going to stay alive long enough to draw your gun, hit & immediately reduce the threat, then I would say that you are a fool who is falling for a bunch of bs when people that are shot are living by the thousands. In fact, only about 20% of people who are shot die. How many die on the spot? Probably less than half. Do the math people. That’s not very good odds of you taking someone immediately out of the fight.

The handgun is the diet pill of self defense. Unfortunately people believe in the instant killing power of a handgun. Only in HOLLYWOOD does it happen that way. We call typical defensive handgun training “The Matrix training” because people believe something that just isn’t true about real world confrontations.

It appears that everyone here CAN defend their AIWB. I mean, who would admit they can’t?!

Different strokes, different folks.
    That was THE most valuable and decent comment. IF you really listened to what I was saying, I don’t recommend AIWB carry. But you idiots MADE it a big deal.

Enough said, I can’t wait to read more of your highly intelligent comments. Now, who is going to be the first idiot to comment on my rant?

popcorn™

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

User Tag List