Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ruger A Team Folding Stock

Damnit. I had finally gotten over my desire for a Mini-14. I guess now I have to buy one, no way around it.
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

I have one (an old one, not this new iteration). It and the Mini were gifted to me when a buddy somehow managed to bulge the end of the bbl on his Mini and went to the AR platform. I had a smith cut off the end/bulged part and reattach the front sight. Put a Sig RDS on the scout mount and makes a handy little package, not that it gets out much.

Those stocks are pretty sweet, minus the bar cheek weld. I still think I probably should have sold it for big money during the AWB when I had a chance...

Site Supporter
    Name:  6DFD3BBF-C7FC-46AF-8A6F-BFBB051C6C8B.jpeg
Views: 462
Size:  86.9 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    AI have a Mini-14 in 300 BLK that will pair nicely with this folder.
    Sorry for drift here, but a question, does that .300BLK version shoot well? I had an early '80's and a late 80's Mini-14's, both were horrible, like 10 moa guns....

I will probably buy the A team version of such a gun if I am convinced it will hit the side of a barn in its current iteration...sentimental thing.

Wonder if they'll make one for the PC 9?
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Quote Originally Posted by fatdog View Post
    Sorry for drift here, but a question, does that .300BLK version shoot well? I had an early '80's and a late 80's Mini-14's, both were horrible, like 10 moa guns....

I will probably buy the A team version of such a gun if I am convinced it will hit the side of a barn in its current iteration...sentimental thing.
    Yeah it shoots pretty well.

Ruger revamped the Mini a few years ago. Fixed a few minor things and started using CHF barrels.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

I have one on an ac556. It’s ok, but I rather the Choate ac556 side folder because it’s more comfortable. One day I’ll get a Butler Creek side folder for a mini-14 milled out for the ac556 and see if I like it better than the Choate.

Site Supporter
    I might finally buy a mini 14

Oh great, they're bringing back one of the worst folding stocks ever designed. As perhaps the only person here who was ever issued a Mini-14 with one of these abominations, you don't want one. They go loosey goosey very quickly and there's no way to tighten them back up. Never mind the non-existent ergos.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

Quote Originally Posted by Trooper224 View Post
    As perhaps the only person here who was ever issued a Mini-14 with one of these abominations, you don't want one.
    Oh no, there's a bunch of Mini/AC variant vets here.
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

User Tag List