Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ruger A Team Folding Stock

Good to know, thanks Trooper. It always did strike me as an overly complex design.

Taking pre-orders

https://www.samson-mfg.com/a-tm-fold...r-mini-14.html

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Trooper224 View Post
    Oh great, they're bringing back one of the worst folding stocks ever designed. As perhaps the only person here who was ever issued a Mini-14 with one of these abominations, you don't want one. They go loosey goosey very quickly and there's no way to tighten them back up. Never mind the non-existent ergos.
    Nobody here is going to buy one for practical reasons. Looking cool is the only thing that matters. Keep the stock folded and shoot out the side door of a speeding black van.
    Last edited by Bigghoss; 01-30-2020 at 09:00 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

Quote Originally Posted by Joe in PNG View Post
    Wonder if they'll make one for the PC 9?
    Thanks for reminding me I need a PC9. I'm looking at one on GB with the peep sight trying to decide if I really want to pay that much for a used 9mm blowback rifle. I paid less for an unfired CX4.
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

Quote Originally Posted by Bigghoss View Post
    Nobody here is going to buy one for practical reasons. Looking cool is the only thing that matters. Keep the stock folded and shoot out the side door of a speeding black van.
    We pity you, fool!

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Guerrero View Post
    And the "B-TM" stock for a 10/22
    I was always more of a B-Team kind of guy, anyways.

So...10/22 variant for me!

I actually think the 10/22 variant is pretty cool.

Like an AR180, a .22 Thompson, and a .22 MP40 - there is something about recreating your favorite guns in a smaller caliber that works better, mostly because you actually get to shoot and enjoy them.

Site Supporter
    I enjoyed the trigger time I've had on an AC-556K. Aside from a factory SBR-esque config like the AC556K, I can't imagine this stock has a whole lot of practicality. As others have mentioned, there are better folding stocks for Mini-14's on the market.

For the 80's flavor of the high-speed-low-drag shorty 5.56, though, it sure is charismatic and fun on the AC556K.

SBRing an older Mini-14, installing a ~13in beefier 1/7 barrel of some flavor, and installing one of these folding stocks would be a fun way to enjoy the same charisma for about 1/6th the price, though without the giggle-switch. But that same ~$1500-2k worth of gun would go a lot further in the AR world.

Interesting how the SBR'd AR world is creeping toward a 12.5-13.5in barrel now after years of 11.5's and 10.3's, and the AC-556K was 13in back 'before it was cool'.

Ruger needs to offer an SBR-ready “charger” version of the Mini that would be perfect to drop into one of these with paperwork.

One of these stocks with a folding Tailhook brace instead of the butt would be along shortly.
    --Josh
    “Formerly we suffered from crimes; now we suffer from laws.” - Tacitus.

Quote Originally Posted by LOKNLOD View Post
    Ruger needs to offer an SBR-ready “charger” version of the Mini that would be perfect to drop into one of these with paperwork.

One of these stocks with a folding Tailhook brace instead of the butt would be along shortly.
    Dude, brilliant idea for the .22 version too. A tailhook + Charger Pistol would be an awesome little woods/camping gun.

I’m sure someone actually has a tailhook folding brace for the Chargwr.

Hell they have a tailhook brace you can mount to an Auto Ordnance Thompson Pistol.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigghoss View Post
    You must have money to blow. Why would someone want a device, based on a tv show where the shooters, NEVER hit who they are shooting at?

User Tag List