Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ruger A Team Folding Stock

Ruger A Team Folding Stock

Actually called the A-TM stock..

https://www.guns.com/news/2020/01/10...mini-14-rifles

There were some pics from SHOT last year. Not sure why the delay but hopefully the stocks will be shipping soon. I have a Mini-14 in 300 BLK that will pair nicely with this folder.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    Actually called the A-TM stock..

https://www.guns.com/news/2020/01/10...mini-14-rifles

There were some pics from SHOT last year. Not sure why the delay but hopefully the stocks will be shipping soon. I have a Mini-14 in 300 BLK that will pair nicely with this folder.

I'm amazed it's taken this long.

TBH an A-Team clone would be the only reason I'd own a Mini 14.

And the "B-TM" stock for a 10/22
    "The victor is not victorious if the vanquished does not consider himself so."
    ― Ennius

I pity the fool that doesn't get one.

I recall these stocks being very highly thought of, and not just because of the A-Team association. I might have handled one once but have no serious memory of their utility.

Anyone care to step in here and pontificate on how good or bad these were as stocks?

Quote Originally Posted by 314159 View Post
    I recall these stocks being very highly thought of, and not just because of the A-Team association. I might have handled one once but have no serious memory of their utility.

Anyone care to step in here and pontificate on how good or bad these were as stocks?
    I know someone with one and have extremely limited use of it, but it was sturdy when extended and you use the rifle with it folded easily which made it fun. It suffers from "don't want to press my face on a metal bar" cheekweld issues like all the metal stocks.

Would make a handy packable 10/22 that could be carried/fired while folded unlike the takedown. Wouldn't have to worry as much about losing zero with a scope, although the scope cheekweld wouldn't be great. If you don't already own a mini 14 it would seem like kind of an expensive rifle to put together relative to an AR, but that's been the mini's issue forever.

Site Supporter
    What gets me is Ruger could have done this years ago, but they chose to leave money on the table.

Ruger quit making the original folder when the Clinton ban passed. They, like everyone else, figured the writing was on the way and the ban would be permanent. The tooling was repurposed and the plans long forgotten.

After the ban's sunset everyone kind of wondered if the original stock would come back. I've seen quite a few threads over the years about these and whether or not Ruger would make them again. Bunches of people said they'd buy them if the price was right.

I think that "price is right" is what's kept Ruger from bringing these back. Ruger guessed a new stock would run $350-ish and would push the Mini-14 price up that much more than it currently sells for.

I love it when a plan comes together.
    I was into 10mm Auto before it sold out and went mainstream, but these days I'm here for the revolver and epidemiology information.

User Tag List