Thread: Streamlight TLR-9 ?

Site Supporter

Streamlight TLR-9 ?

Name:  28060D65-5D91-416E-A8F6-D43B24439F4F.jpeg
Views: 2636
Size:  28.4 KB

Anyone have details on this ? Looks like it might be a TLR -1 replacement.

Don’t think they will ever drop the TLR-1... but I’m sort of unsure about it. I like the TLR-7A (high switch), but I think I like it because it is so compact. For a larger light, I rather the traditional Streamlight controls.

That being said... interested in seeing the specs.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Screwball View Post
    Don’t think they will ever drop the TLR-1... but I’m sort of unsure about it. I like the TLR-7A (high switch), but I think I like it because it is so compact. For a larger light, I rather the traditional Streamlight controls.

That being said... interested in seeing the specs.
    Batteries stacked vs side by side means you don’t have to make holsters significantly wider than the gun to accommodate the light. That extra width results in gaps allowing access to the trigger while holstered.

https://www.streamlight.com/docs/def..._datasheet.pdf

Not entirely sure I see the point of this with the TLR-1HL (1000 Lumen model) out as well

I find the switches interesting, particularly after having light-NDs with my TLR1 HL on an AR.
    #RESIST

If this has the same specs as their rail mount version, no thanks. 10k candela is a step backwards.

The form factor and switching seem really nice but for a handgun, the TLR1 switch is not bad, its actually pretty darned good.

I think the Flex system offers some optimism for a future handgun pressure switch, which would be a great thing especially if it could have commonality with the TLR-7/8A lights. As a switching system for a CCW light I really like it and think it’s the best out there but for a patrol-oriented duty light I think it, and all other electronic multi-mode switching systems are very sub-optimal.

All that said I love that companies and people are working to push technology forward!

I don’t see one in my future, but I think this is a good idea vs a TLR1, even at equal light output. Reason being the inline battery arrangement should allow for the holster to be tightly fitted around the trigger guard. The side by side batteries of the TLR1 and x300 make the holsters overly wide and objects can easily sneak in and access the trigger. There are multiple reports floating around of foreign objects (and at least one of a child’s finger) firing a LEO’s fully holstered pistol.
    Anything I post is my opinion alone as a private citizen.

User Tag List