Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Colt MK III Metropolitan 38 Special Revolver.

I have a 4" Lawman that belongs to my father. It shoots very, very well.

Quote Originally Posted by 396 View Post
    I'd buy that. Didn't know about that model. Would like to hear your comparison between the Colt and a K frame if you have one.
    I just acquired a S&W Model 64. When it arrives next week I can compare both after a range session.

Very nice and a good price!

For all your old Colt needs: http://www.coltfever.com/Colt_Model_Guide.html
    REPETITION CREATES BELIEF
    REPETITION BUILDS THE SEPARATE WORLDS WE LIVE AND DIE IN
    NO EXCEPTIONS

Quote Originally Posted by Nightvisionary View Post
    Have you ever heard of it? I have slowly been building a collection of Colt revolvers over the last few years and I had never heard of the Colt Metropolitan until this week. From my research these were 38 Special revolvers built between 1969-1972 on Colt J Frame 357 Magnum Lawman frames. The Colt MK III Metropolitan was marketed to police departments that did not want the ability to chamber or fire 357 magnum ammunition. Because of this the Metropolitan was not a success and relatively few were manufactured. In spite of this it was approved for duty use by the NYPD along with the S&W Model 10 and Dan Wesson Model 12.

I was able to get this 1970 manufactured example for $365 shipped and picked it up from my FFL this morning. It has some holster wear on the barrel but is in excellent condition overall. The DA trigger is like pulling a finger through warm butter. I can't wait to take a closer look at it tonight when I get home.

Attachment 47277

Attachment 47278

Attachment 47279

Attachment 47280
    I remember it well. But back then this lad pined for the Lawman version in .357 because in 72 (8th grade) it was all about .357. 😎
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

User Tag List