Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Magpul Hunter Stock for Savage 110 Short Action

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by awp_101 View Post
    The inveterate tinkerer in me should never have opened this blankety-blank thread.
    No kidding. There's a reason I'll never buy another 10/22 and it isn't because they're bad guns. I've managed to not go deeply into the Savage rabbit hole with my Hog Hunter, though it did get a wood stock and removable magazine...

But then there's the 3x3, the ham radio stuff, bikes, large format cameras, etc. Lots of tinkering to be done...

Chris

Site Supporter
    <sigh>

It was due late Spring 2021, then late Spring arrive and now it's due mid Fall 2021.

I get that there are all sorts of delays and such associated with Covid, but for a product to be nearly 2 years late tells me they weren't at all ready to release this when it was announced. I'm surprised they had something to photograph.

I'm glad I don't *need* the stock because after waiting this long, I would have bought something else and forgotten about the vaporware.

Chris

I’ve pretty much given up. They’re too busy coming out with T-shirts and man bun ties.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Site Supporter
    I sold the hog hunter I had waiting for this. 🥺

Site Supporter
    Sort of on point with this thread -- has anyone looked at these from Savage?
    They look a little heavy, but look like they would be a pleasant weight to shoot, at close to 9 pounds, with a pretty handy 18 inch barrel.
    The magazine reviews have indicated very good accuracy, at least in 6.5 creedmoor. https://www.americanhunter.org/conte...magpul-hunter/

Real world online pricing is right around $800, it looks like.

I've never heard someone recommend a Savage when it comes to lightweight guns.
    -Seconds Count. Misses Don't-

Quote Originally Posted by SecondsCount View Post
    I've never heard someone recommend a Savage when it comes to lightweight guns.
    Their scouts are nice. Well the old ones. Not the ugly muzzle break ones. Especially if you just keep with the peep sights.

I asked at SHOT, and the fellow* said "I've bee authorized to confirm within 4 weeks"

*Magpul fellow did not like my jokes about these having been promised for years. Lighten up, magpul fellow

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Cacafuego View Post
    I asked at SHOT, and the fellow* said "I've bee authorized to confirm within 4 weeks"

*Magpul fellow did not like my jokes about these having been promised for years. Lighten up, magpul fellow
    Though, after waiting for a few years, I went and glass-bedded my classic monte-carlo stock, so I may not need Magpul's any longer. From the time it was announced until sometime last year, I was literally, money-in-hand, ready to buy the moment it dropped. Now...not so much.

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by Cacafuego View Post

It’s hard to find production time between all the man bun wraps and T shirts they crank out.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

User Tag List