Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Single action revolver pic thread

Quote Originally Posted by Malamute View Post
    Be still my heart.....

Many years ago I shot a ladies tuned up SAA in 357 at a shoot. She handed me a 100 rd box of ammo and told me to shoot it up when I asked if I could try it. Way fun. Ive wanted one in 357 ever since. Having an 1873 carbine in 357 has re-ignited the urge.

Anything you want to trade?

...Or let me know if you get tired of them, or one of them.

A pair of the same in 45. I’d trade em for a pair of blue/cch US made USFAs too.

I have an unfired pair of USFA Rodeos and and couple other ones that I shoot some. They’re so good I don’t even consider them clones.

Name:  D20B5135-28AC-4CEF-93C9-064A0A0BBA8D.jpg
Views: 450
Size:  85.6 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Trooper224 View Post

That’s my holy grail if it’s a 45.

Quote Originally Posted by M2CattleCo View Post
    That’s my holy grail if it’s a 45.
    Indeed, it is.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

357 still seems like an odd pairing in a SAA, but it handles well. Shooting 158gr @ 1220fps was not much different than a 250gr at ~750. I’m very impressed!

Name:  E2482866-55E9-49CA-A549-748661C91418.jpg
Views: 279
Size:  32.4 KB

A Couple of Uberti Reproductions

1860 Army and 1873 SAA clones.

Name:  Uberti Reproductions.jpg
Views: 209
Size:  86.7 KB

I'm kinda sorta maybe getting the urge for another single action. This isn't helping: State of the Colt cartridge conversion collection

So not mine but I'd learn to load .44 Colt if it was...
    Name:  IMG_2525b.jpg
Views: 90
Size:  102.9 KB
    Cimarron 1860 Richards Type II .44Colt has been cut to 5.5" and fitted with giraffe bone grips
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Quote Originally Posted by awp_101 View Post
    I'm kinda sorta maybe getting the urge for another single action. This isn't helping: State of the Colt cartridge conversion collection

So not mine but I'd learn to load .44 Colt if it was...
    Name:  IMG_2525b.jpg
Views: 90
Size:  102.9 KB
    Cimarron 1860 Richards Type II .44Colt has been cut to 5.5" and fitted with giraffe bone grips

I like those quite a lot, my preference would be 44 also, and that length. Im fairly sure most of the Richards type II conversion guns , even those marked 44 Colt, were chambered for 44 spl/russian.
    “Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat.”
    ― Theodore Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by Malamute View Post
    I like those quite a lot, my preference would be 44 also, and that length. Im fairly sure most of the Richards type II conversion guns , even those marked 44 Colt, were chambered for 44 spl/russian.
    I am sorely tempted by THIS but the sights are practically useless to me. Now to be sure it would be nothing but a fun gun for range use only and I'm much more realistic of my offhand shooting capabilities than when I tried the .38 version 8-10 years ago but I'm still having a hard time talking myself into spending the money...

Name:  cimarron open top 44.jpg
Views: 64
Size:  26.3 KB

Blacken the brass grip frame, stock it with some Maple or American Holly (maybe even Resin Ivory) and it sure would look good even if I couldn't shoot it worth a hoot!
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

User Tag List