Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Single action revolver pic thread

@Bigghoss, congrats! Did the seller say anything about those stocks? They don't look factory to me.
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Quote Originally Posted by awp_101 View Post
    @Bigghoss, congrats! Did the seller say anything about those stocks? They don't look factory to me.
    It just says upgraded custom grips. Looks like they're made out of some material for kitchen counters or something but the fit looks good.

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/852843721
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

I know where some grip makers hang out, if you want I can post the link and see what they think. They look like some kind of buckeye or burl, possibility dyed.
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Quote Originally Posted by awp_101 View Post
    They look like some kind of buckeye or burl, possibility dyed.
    That makes more sense. I don't really care, they look good. If I stick with the Bisley grip frame I'll keep them.
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

My 5152, with a few minor changes - base pin, ejector, reamed chamber mouths...

Name:  5E649BA7-A58E-481F-8077-64ECE798CD3B.jpg
Views: 1149
Size:  102.8 KB
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Finally got to pick up my Blackhawk. Aside from being a little dirty you can't tell this thing is used. I'm mostly going to shoot .45acp for fun but I grabbed a box of HSM bear loads to try since it is the larger frame and can take them.
    Name:  Blackhawk 2.jpg
Views: 671
Size:  70.1 KB

Bear Paw

Ruger Conv. with Bear Paw (Madrone Burl)

Last edited by Old Virginia; 01-24-2020 at 07:26 PM.

'56 Flatgate, 50th anniversary BH ('05) and the obligatory SM Stirling pic of the .44 flattop...
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Open Top Conversions

I have an affinity for Uberti’s replicas of the cap and ball conversions. In competition (NCOWS) shooting full case compressed black powder loads I find they work great and really give up nothing to the SAA in terms of speed or accuracy out to 15 yards. Past that the sights get harder to work with.

Name:  open top cowboy guns.jpg
Views: 834
Size:  44.1 KB

I had one of mine converted to a pocket pistol for our side matches for those guns, and it has been a blast to shoot. Mine was intended to resemble the famous pocket pistol used by Dallas Stoudenmire except I really wanted a front sight for it as a competition gun.

Name:  Dallas Stroudmire Pistol.jpg
Views: 805
Size:  48.8 KB

I only shoot these black powder or BP substitute although I am certain they are fine with the lighter “cowboy load” versions of the smokeless cartridges. I would never run them with a bunch of a full power smokeless loads. I am pretty sure those pressures would be detrimental to the gun’s life span.

Site Supporter
    This thread is flagged for sexual content.

None of you are free of sin.

Suddenly I remembered the powerful need I have for a SA revolver.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

User Tag List