Thread: DAO Hammer

DAO Hammer

Is it possible to find a dao hammer for a stainless k frame with the firing pin on the hammer?
    When you change the hammer does anything else have to be be changed? Id like to be able to put it back to original if I ever decided to.
    Who would you send it to to have this work done?
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

yes, any k frame conventional hammer can be converted pretty easily, just requires grinding off one internal notch, and of course you can bob the hammer spur, I would approach it by getting an appropriate generation and model hammer and have the DAO conversion done on it along with any minor fitting it needed so your existing hammer would be a simple drop in to convert it back.

Nelson Ford in Phoenix is a wizzard at that sort of project on a K frame and would get it right to everything was correctly timed for both hammers. He could improve your trigger and tighten up the guns timing at the same time. He could also procure the correct hammer if you needed him to. Not cheap, but high quality work and he is still alive and working...

Quote Originally Posted by UNK View Post
    Is it possible to find a dao hammer for a stainless k frame with the firing pin on the hammer?
    When you change the hammer does anything else have to be be changed? Id like to be able to put it back to original if I ever decided to.
    Who would you send it to to have this work done?
    Numerichs is oos of the complete dao hammer but you can just buy a spurred one and cut it off. It's stainless so doesn't need to be refinished.

It might need some filing.
    On the ragged edge of the world I'll roam,
    And the home of the wolf shall be my home - Robert Service

User Tag List