Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Are We In The Middle Of A Revolver Renaissance?

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    I hope these states are also going to pass legislation to prevent multiple assailants from preying upon those restricted to low round count firearms.
    Eh, just carry two or three or four of them.

Nice thing about Airweights, you could easily carry six of them. One on each ankle, one in each front pocket, one on each side of the waistband.

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    Eh, just carry two or three or four of them.

Nice thing about Airweights, you could easily carry six of them. One on each ankle, one in each front pocket, one on each side of the waistband.
    Yeah. That would be very easy and convenient.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    Yeah. That would be very easy and convenient.
    Oh you and yer fancy bottom-feeders with a thousand bullets in them.

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    Oh you and yer fancy bottom-feeders with a thousand bullets in them.
    Yep, that's me and my huge collection of six firearms. The envy of P-F.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

Far Upper Midwest. Lower Midwest When I Absolutely Have To
    I think it’s a couple things. The generation of shooters that caught the semi auto wave are getting older *cough* and are arriving to a point where they are going back to their roots. The market is saturated with slab sided striker fired everything. Kinda where ARs were a few years back when it was all the rage to make stuff look medieval with angled flash hiders and whatnot. Now look at what’s going on...suddenly XM177s and full profile 20” A2s are in vogue. It’s like “The circle of life man...!”
    Working diligently to enlarge my group size.

Quote Originally Posted by SCCY Marshal View Post
    I'd sooner live in a van down by the river than allow such a dark fate to befall myself.

Still hoping Ruger drops a medium frame LCR equivalent with fixed sights, 3" barrel, boot grip option, and chambered for six 357 Mags. And another in 327 Fed Mag. And one in each .22 rimfire because.
    Man, the hive mind really wants a CSR (Compact Service Revolver).

I think the fact that we have four "big names" in the market says something about the size of the market.

Hollywood's need for reliable blank shooters has sold the DA revolver to the public due to over-represention. Or that's my theory.

Or maybe it's the fact that they do have some solid advantages in administrative crap for daily carry. Not having to worry about cycling pricy "list" ammo is a big plus for me.
    REPETITION CREATES BELIEF
    REPETITION BUILDS THE SEPARATE WORLDS WE LIVE AND DIE IN
    NO EXCEPTIONS

They're easy to carry without falling out or shooting yourself.
    Most well known accidental discharges happen with pistols.
    "dancing FBI agent, officer shoots self in foot, man shoots self in groin, teen shoots self during selfie etc"
    Almost never happens with a wheel gun, right?

Site Supporter
    Revolvers have become collectible. One reason is that until recent years used ones were inexpensive. Another is that product lines have changed with the result that in minds of many the older specimens are collector's items. A third reason is nostalgia. Because mastering double action shooting requires time and effort, few will expend the effort. This fact is one that will inhibit many from using revolvers as self defense weapons except for those who buy the small snub belly guns. Viewing revolvers as collectible and interesting and seeing them as serious defense weapons are different. It seems that many are ignorant of revolver function, maintenance, and gun smithing. This month I began my 58th year as a revolver shooter. I received my first one, a Hi Standard, in January, 1962. The semi auto is here to stay, and that's good.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by pooty View Post
    They're easy to carry without falling out or shooting yourself.
    Most well known accidental discharges happen with pistols.
    "dancing FBI agent, officer shoots self in foot, man shoots self in groin, teen shoots self during selfie etc"
    Almost never happens with a wheel gun, right?
    No.

Revolvers are simpler for admin handling any of the examples you gave could happen with a revolver. They also sometimes bring their own set of problems.

There is a subset of negligent discharges with semi autos that are the result of not understanding the cycle of operation. Basically someone racks the slide before removing the magazine not realizing they just loaded another round to replace the one they saw come out. The revolver is simpler, you swing out the cylinder you can see all the chambers and you can count out the five or six rounds.

A DA trigger pull is not a guarantee against negligent discharges. Not to mention people cocking the hammer on revolvers and not knowing how to safely lower it.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    No.

Revolvers are simpler for admin handling any of the examples you gave could happen with a revolver. They also sometimes bring their own set of problems.

There is a subset of negligent discharges with semi autos that are the result of not understanding the cycle of operation. Basically someone racks the slide before removing the magazine not realizing they just loaded another round to replace the one they saw come out. The revolver is simpler, you swing out the cylinder you can see all the chambers and you can count out the five or six rounds.

A DA trigger pull is not a guarantee against negligent discharges. Not to mention people cocking the hammer on revolvers and not knowing how to safely lower it.
    Behindblueis and I had a similar discussion when I first joined here. If I recall correctly, he has personally investigated about 25 accidental or negligent discharges involving semiauto pistols for every 1 negligent or accidental discharge involving a revolver.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

User Tag List