Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 614151617 LastLast

Thread: Are We In The Middle Of A Revolver Renaissance?

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    My mom has commented about how few deer there have been eating her garden this fall and winter.

Then someone shows her pictures of a mountain lion in his yard on the island.

Logic says...

I'd rather carry a USPc than an M&P 340 or even six-shooter when I'm next walking in those woods.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    My mom has commented about how few deer there have been eating her garden this fall and winter.

Logic says...

I'd rather carry a USPc than an M&P 340 or even six-shooter when I'm next walking in those woods.
    I was actually, factually, carrying a Government Model with 8-rounds of 230-grain HST in it and a spare 7-round magazine for it as well.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post

Here. it's coyotes and coywolves. I've seen fewer deer. Which is good, as this area was overrun with them and they had been looking sickly.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    Here. it's coyotes and coywolves. I've seen fewer deer. Which is good, as this area was overrun with them and they had been looking sickly.
    Same here in VA.

Chris

Put out a few game cameras... and it's pretty amazing how many coyotes are out there that you otherwise never see. And out here, they're a couple of rungs down the food chain.

For me I more often than not have associated the auto pistol with work.

I immediately think of strapping on my plastic gun and a couple of mags and doing what I do:

When I think of revolvers, I normally associate them with fun, my free time, etc. The exception being J Frames. My old J Frame being a pretty constant companion for the last 20 years, and thousands of rounds. Excluding it, I normally think of hiking, hunting, exploring, etc.

When I think of revolvers, my mind normally goes to places less traveled, and adventures.

Even if the biggest game ever taken is a wily desert Jack, revolvers make an adventure better.

...and my favorite: not having to chase down that 10mm brass into the adjacent county!

I am buying revolvers now because I have the semi-autos I need and they are all broken in, work flawlessly and are well vetted with the ammo I have chosen.

If I choose to buy another semi auto on a whim, I have to go through that whole expensive process, again for the upteenth time.

If I choose to buy a revolver on a whim, I can make up some handloads, check function, reliability and see if I can get it to shoot OK, then if I want to keep it, I can run a box or two of self defense ammo through it and call it good. A lot less strain on my pocketbook.

Plus, I cut my eye teeth on revolvers, think they are cool and they give me a warm fuzzy. (yeah I am an old dude)

I currently only own 6 revolvers. I think I might need one more ...

Quote Originally Posted by Lost River View Post
    For me I more often than not have associated the auto pistol with work.

I immediately think of strapping on my plastic gun and a couple of mags and doing what I do:

When I think of revolvers, I normally associate them with fun, my free time, etc. The exception being J Frames. My old J Frame being a pretty constant companion for the last 20 years, and thousands of rounds. Excluding it, I normally think of hiking, hunting, exploring, etc.

When I think of revolvers, my mind normally goes to places less traveled, and adventures.

Even if the biggest game ever taken is a wily desert Jack, revolvers make an adventure better.

Thats why i love 1911s. They kinda split the difference. They can fight or woods loaf.

I love my revolvers and respect my g19 but if i could only have one i might have to default to my 1911. Although last week i shot my M19 better than my 1911 today at 25 yards.

Name:  20200123_111451.jpg
Views: 568
Size:  100.4 KB
    Name:  20200205_100400.jpg
Views: 558
Size:  62.6 KB

Site Supporter
    o3RN, what's the difference between the green speed loaders and the black ones? Inquiring minds want to know!

Dave

User Tag List