Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: CO Cop “Red Flagged” by Mother of Deceased Suspect.

Banned
    So is the cop unable to work now?

Not surprisingly this hasn't been reported on much in local media

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Apparently a hearing is slated for 1/16. D352020CV102 is the case number. https://www.courts.state.co.us/Court...m?County_ID=22 can be used to search for it.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    Per the CO law:

We'll see what the prosecutor decides to do with it, and at least in some states there's a specific charge of false reporting for filing a fraudulent complaint against a police officer.

Bypassing law enforcement for this sort of thing creates more potential for abuse, IMO. A judge's role shouldn't include investigations.
    That is great until the prosecutor decides that a jury would Potential he be too sympathetic to a “grieving mother” And declines to take the case because they think it is a loser.

Then the cop is left to try and sue a crazy b***h who probably is judgment proof.

I am not at all surprised that this happened, just that it took this long.

Given the Blatant fraud in this case this lady should be arrested on complaint for perjury before the hearing on the 16th but I doubt that will happen.
    Last edited by HCM; 01-14-2020 at 10:33 PM.

Site Supporter
    https://www.9news.com/article/news/l...c-db9ecf250ad3

Colorado's red flag law used to target officer involved in fatal shooting
    Susan Holmes has become a vocal critic of police policy since her son was shot and killed by a CSU officer in 2017.

According to Colorado’s law, which went into effect Jan. 1, a family member, household member or law enforcement officer can file an extreme risk protection order petition if they consider a person to be a threat to themselves or others. A judge then rules on the petition.

In her petition, Holmes wrote that Morris is a family member, specifically noting that they have a child together. That is not true.

On her petition, Holmes also checked the box next to the question of whether this person has posed “a credible threat of or the unlawful reckless use of a firearm.” In her explanation, she wrote: “Phil Morris used his firearm to recklessly & violently threaten and kill 19 year old Jeremy Holmes.”

Jeremy Holmes died July 1, 2017, in a confrontation that investigators described as a “suicide by cop.”

While the female needs to be utterly and completely destroyed by both the criminal and civil court processes; I seriously doubt a serious effort will be made.

The only thing surprising about this is not having heard of it happening sooner.

Ridiculous. As stated, we all knew it would happen.

I have less than zero faith in the judicial system or political system in Colorado, but one would think that this type of flagrant violation might be the type of instance to change the minds of the idiots who implemented the garbage in the first place. A man can dream...

This is starting to make FISA courts look good.

There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by cornstalker View Post
    Ridiculous. As stated, we all knew it would happen.

I have less than zero faith in the judicial system or political system in Colorado, but one would think that this type of flagrant violation might be the type of instance to change the minds of the idiots who implemented the garbage in the first place. A man can dream...
    The idiots who implemented this garbage aren't trying to solve a problem, they're trying to disarm us.

I'm begining to wonder if Blumberg didn't donate money to Leftist campaigns with the caveat that they implement gun control if they win.

I distinctly remember right after the Aurora shooting Hickenlooper stating that gun control laws wouldn't have had any effect on the shooting. A month later he was leading the charge. After the laws were passed he admitted to a meeting of County Sheriffs that he was aware the the laws were poorly written. I'm positive he was told to toe the party line.

The only thing shocking about this story is that it has come so quickly after the law took effect (two weeks ago). This law will rarely serve any useful purpose but has opportunities for abuse plastered throughout. It has little respect for due process rights and we expect it to become a popular part of divorce and parenting disputes and a tool for angry/vengeful ex spouses, girlfriends, boyfriends, etc.

In this case it will likely turn out okay and maybe, just maybe, even in Fort Collins, the perjuring petitioner may face consequences since it is a cop she went after.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    Apparently a hearing is slated for 1/16. D352020CV102 is the case number. https://www.courts.state.co.us/Court...m?County_ID=22 can be used to search for it.
    Thanks BBI.
    Apparently that site isn’t really for general use, as it requires an “Attorney Bar Number“ to be supplied.

I’ll be interested to learn the outcome of the hearing, and genuinely hope that it results in a perjury charge (barring surprise evidence of a secret love child).

If the standard implementation of the EPRO law will be to have the judge grant the emergency order based on the sworn statement of the petitioner, then the state has an obligation (at a minimum) to provide a powerful incentive not to make false accusations.

I know I’m preaching to the choir here...

User Tag List