Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: CO Cop “Red Flagged” by Mother of Deceased Suspect.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    D352020CR219 is her case number. 2/14 is her first appearance.
    3/3/20
    9:00 AM - Appearance of Counsel, so apparently she was charged.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    3/3/20
    9:00 AM - Appearance of Counsel, so apparently she was charged.
    Of course she was. She went after one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Cypher View Post
    Of course she was. She went after one of them.
    While there are some scenerios and concepts where an "us" and "them" mentality might apply to law enforcment, I don't think that is an overall good way to think of them.

The politicians and bureaucrats who push stuff like this will throw law enforcment under the bus with a hast that is rarely exceeded... sometimes for no benefit but just because they can.

-Cory

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by cor_man257 View Post
    While there are some scenerios and concepts where an "us" and "them" mentality might apply to law enforcment, I don't think that is an overall good way to think of them.

The politicians and bureaucrats who push stuff like this will throw law enforcment under the bus with a hast that is rarely exceeded... sometimes for no benefit but just because they can.

-Cory
    When I see them go after somebody who falsely accuses a citizen ( and I mean a blatant false accusation like what this lady did) then I'll believe that they didn't decide to make an example out of that woman specifically because of who she filed the complaint against.

Having said that, I hope they get dozens of false complaints and not neccesarily against police officers only. I hope they get so many false complaints that the system collapses under the weight of them.

When I see them go after somebody who falsely accuses a citizen ( and I mean a blatant false accusation like what this lady did) then I'll believe that they didn't decide to make an example out of that woman specifically because of who she filed the complaint against.

Having said that, I hope they get dozens of false complaints and not neccesarily against police officers only. I hope they get so many false complaints that the system collapses under the weight of them.
    But hopefully not against you, right?

I get where you are coming from, but that a shitty way to get there...

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by cornstalker View Post
    But hopefully not against you, right?

I get where you are coming from, but that a shitty way to get there...
    I guess I didn't think that one all the way through. In my defense, what I was envisioning or complaints that were so obviously false that they never actually got to the "Take the guns" phase. I mean they never actually went and took this cop's guns.

Perhaps I'm mistaken but isn't the "take the guns away phase" the first one? Is that not the issue with the Red Flag law entirely? It takes away an enumerated right without any due process, and then puts the onus on the accussed to prove their innocent?

-Cory

Banned
    Perhaps I'm mistaken but isn't the "take the guns away phase" the first one? Is that not the issue with the Red Flag law entirely? It takes away an enumerated right without any due process, and then puts the onus on the accussed to prove their innocent?

-Cory
    They didn't take that cop's guns and they didn't take the guns from the CO who recently had a ERPO complaint lodged against him by an inmate who claimed to have "cohabited" with the CO. That's kind of my point

Is that not the issue with the Red Flag law entirely? It takes away an enumerated right without any due process, and then puts the onus on the accussed to prove their innocent?
    That is certainly the aspect of red flag laws that makes them seem most wrong to me. As some LEOs on the forum here have stated before, there are apparently some of them which are worded tightly enough to not be easily abused, but the whole concept is frightening, and laws have a way of getting amended over time.

Site Supporter
    They didn't take that cop's guns and they didn't take the guns from the CO who recently had a ERPO complaint lodged against him by an inmate who claimed to have "cohabited" with the CO. That's kind of my point
    The “CO” was the elected sheriff and the judge denied that one right off the bat - In other words no ERPO was ever issued unlike the case of the mother of the deceased suspect where the judge simply rubberstamped the ERPO application.

Maybe you should endeavor to find out the facts and think through the consequences before you are so eager to throw people under the bus.

User Tag List