Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Taurus model 65

Taurus model 65

I'm looking at the Taurus model 65 and I'm a former never buy a Taurus guy. Any feedback, good or bad, would be appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Sammy1 View Post
    I'm looking at the Taurus model 65 and I'm a former never buy a Taurus guy. Any feedback, good or bad, would be appreciated.
    I haven't touched a Taurus in probably 10 years but I have not heard of them getting any better. Best to just avoid them.
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

From what I've read, they have bought H&K's old "You Suck and We Hate You" machinery.

So you get all the terrible quality control, now with extra terrible customer service too!
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

I wish I bought a S&W model 65 trade-in, sub $300, when they were out there.

I had the hammer on a Taurus m85 break. Then after it was fixed the trigger broke.

Before that i had a very accurate m65 thankfully fail during a suicide attempt.

Once I figure in the cost of aggravation of sending it to Florida multiple times, then selling it at a major loss, I figure I can't afford guns that cheap.
    I was into 10mm Auto before it sold out and went mainstream, but these days I'm here for the revolver and epidemiology information.

Quote Originally Posted by Lester Polfus View Post
    Once I figure in the cost of aggravation of sending it to Florida multiple times, then selling it at a major loss, I figure I can't afford guns that cheap.
    My rule of cheap gear- it always ends up costing you more in the long run than just buying the good stuff when you start out.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Sample of one - my brother had a mid 1980s model 65.
    It never failed, exactly. But it did manage to go out of time and develop end shake repeatedly while sitting in a drawer between range trips.
    The armorer at the sheriff's dept where we trained at the time finally told him to put it in his fishing tackle box and to not feel regret if it went overboard.
    "If I ever needed to hunt in a tuxedo, then this would be the rifle I'd take." - okie john

"Not being able to govern events, I govern myself." - Michel De Montaigne

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lester Polfus View Post
    "Buy once, cry once."
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

I bought a S&W 686!

User Tag List