Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Kicking myself

Once upon a time I had a 4 5/8th" Blackhawk in .45 Colt. If I had had bothered to order a convertible rather than impulse buy the one in the case or send the gun off to have an ACP cylinder fitted I'd still have it. As it is I'm hoping I win the GB auction for an unfluted 3.75" bisley Blackhawk. That should be a lot of fun.

Last weekend I took out my 5" S&W 625 in .45 ACP. I love shooting that thing. Needs better sights though.
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

Quote Originally Posted by mtnbkr View Post

That is sexy.

Site Supporter
    Every time I see a S&W picture that shows that little hole in the side of the hammer (the pin that holds in the firing-pin) I think, "That's a good one!"

As for Mountain Guns, I love 45 ACP revolvers and wanted a Mountain Gun in that caliber but in blue steel (I get tired of stainless - just sayin'). Anyway, when I found out Smith never made a 45 ACP Mountain Gun in blue I had my gunsmith build one. It's a M25-2 that has a Model of 1950 tapered barrel, cut down to 4", with the butt rounded like all the mountain guns. If someone would tell me (hint: PM) how to post pictures on this forum I'd show it to you all. (smile)

Dave

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    I need to learn me more about Blackhawks, too, it turns out. Might try to poach a .357 Bisley one of these months.
    Well, I've been continuing to CDO off and on about this bad idea. I've handled a plowhandle gun before and they don't work for me at all. Tonight at the indoor range, I noticed they had a Bisley-handled Super Blackhawk under the glass. Have been waffling about making the half-hour drive to Bass Pro to see if they had a Bisley Blackhawk I could check out, so of course I had to get this one out and handle it. Turns out it feels pretty good. It's short, so my support hand ends up with kind of a half-teacup grip. Didn't expect that. But I like it. The barrier to expense of having no idea whether the Bisley is a workable thing for me has been cleared.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

User Tag List