Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 80's-era leather 1911 holsters for low-viz, concealed carry, and practical comp.

One can still get Gordon Davis holsters. See the link here for Davis Leather Company in Ash Fork, AZ:

davisleathercompany.com

I have on of their 15450 Gunsite Omega holsters for 1911's.

Top quality workmanship.

Dave Cox is a great guy to work with.

Quote Originally Posted by 1911Nut View Post
    One can still get Gordon Davis holsters. See the link here for Davis Leather Company in Ash Fork, AZ:

davisleathercompany.com

I have on of their 15450 Gunsite Omega holsters for 1911's.

Top quality workmanship.

Dave Cox is a great guy to work with.
    He really is! I ordered one of their L2000S which is the same design as the Alessi DOJ and picked it up on the way out to Vegas. Excellent quality leather with outstanding stitching.
    Last edited by FNFAN; 01-15-2020 at 10:01 PM.
    -All views expressed are those of the author and do not reflect those of the author's employer-

Pre Internet, this was very regional. For the high speed/dedicated gun guys...Sparks was always sort of the go to. Bruce Nelson, Ken Null were also seen with the dedicated folks.

Regionally, in SoCal we did a lot of stuff from Gordon Davis. Tex Shoemaker, Ted Blocker and some others were also popular. Bianchi, Safariland, and Galco on the production side.

East Coast...Alessi, and some dedicated custom guys in NY. Production side DeSantis was big.

As far as drop legs...yes Davis did stuff, as well as Ted Blocker. A place in England that did the actual SAS was also available. Eagle was really what most used for drop legs in the 80’s.
    Last edited by Dagga Boy; 01-16-2020 at 01:09 AM.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Great thread here. Here my Idaho City Sparks Yaqui slide,

Name:  A9F257CA-1D54-4C35-B62E-59726721F264.jpg
Views: 827
Size:  89.7 KBName:  A75A16EB-4080-4675-BDAC-B6FA296D8E97.jpg
Views: 920
Size:  98.6 KB Name:  0E8116DF-BCB4-4A2B-8E8C-93FEF95E86B5.jpg
Views: 809
Size:  88.5 KB
    Last edited by RMF; 01-16-2020 at 10:56 AM.

I wish Sparks would still make the Yaqui Slide. Maybe I would have to ask for that too?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Dagga Boy View Post
    As far as drop legs...yes Davis did stuff, as well as Ted Blocker. A place in England that did the actual SAS was also available. Eagle was really what most used for drop legs in the 80’s.
    Do you have any info on the SAS holster? I think it was Paul Evers or Price Western Leather (PWL). I'm looking for a mid-ride, dropped/offset best holster for a 1911 currently.

Look at what you people have gone and done.....

Name:  Belhert Sparks.jpg
Views: 773
Size:  91.8 KB

I had to go upstairs and root through the tub of 1911 leather for a Milt Sparks holster and mag carrier, then grab my Austin Behlert 1911 out of it's safe.

I gotta wear that to work tomorrow, natch. Which means I have to go eat BBQ as well, since I'll be toting a 1911.

P-F always costing me money - grumble, grumble, grumble.......

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post
    Look at what you people have gone and done.....
    I had to go upstairs and root through the tub of 1911 leather for a Milt Sparks holster and mag carrier, then grab my Austin Behlert 1911 out of it's safe.

I gotta wear that to work tomorrow, natch. Which means I have to go eat BBQ as well, since I'll be toting a 1911.

P-F always costing me money - grumble, grumble, grumble.......
    But you’re just out the cost of some BBQ though.

Quote Originally Posted by theJanitor View Post
    Pancakes with reinforced thumb straps were great. And somewhat fast

Here’s my old-school combo: nickel Combat Commander with an Alessi IWB

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I had a tuned Lightweight Commander that I really miss. That thing was awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by RAM Engineer View Post
    But you’re just out the cost of some BBQ though.
    But the minions will ask "Hey, where you going?"

Then it's buying BBQ for a dozen or so nerds at Hard 8 BBQ. That adds up quick.

And if they bring their laptops and camp out on the wifi in the bar .. (shudder). You know how many bacon-wrapped shrimp and beers a bunch of computer nerds can put away in an afternoon?

I do - sigh.

User Tag List