Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Anyone Using an Air Fryer?

Site Supporter
    Had an earlier model about a decade ago that cost me two and a half bills. It had a little stirrer in the center which basically destroyed about a third of the tater tots put in. Got it to replace a countertop deep frier. Was very excited. Was very disappointed. I like tater tots, too.

It looks like the tech has come along way since then, but I am still gunshy. IF I give it another go I think I like the countertop convection/toaster oven with the airfry function.

pat

Site Supporter
    Borrowed from the cosori air fryer bookface group. Great for noobs like me

Name:  AF Fryer Temps.jpg
Views: 390
Size:  43.0 KB
    "There are two ways to do most anything- right and again."

Quote Originally Posted by Palmguy View Post
    Tonight I threw some wings in the smoker until they were almost done and finished in the air fryer to get them crispy.
    Would you mind expanding on this a little? This sounds amazing.

Is an air frier really better than a typical convection oven?

Smoke Bomb / Ninja Vanish Chance's Avatar
    Having to dial back the heat for that Gourmia. I don't know if it has more oomph than other models or what, but it will nuke things at most recommended temps.

Fried up some bacon this morning: 350 degrees for ten minutes, turning once halfway through, came out at the perfect crispiness. Going to pick up some of the vegetables people have recommended and try those this weekend.

Thus far, very happy we gave the air fryer thingy a try.
    "Sapiens dicit: 'Ignoscere divinum est, sed noli pretium plenum pro pizza sero allata solvere.'" - Michelangelo

Got a buddy that raves about his and he's experimented with everything. I've been close to grabbing one a few times so I guess I should go for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

The other night we cut up some yellow squash and some zucchini. We put a little oil and a little lawrys season salt. Even my son that doesn't like squash liked them.

Airfry a frozen pizza.

Good

Site Supporter
    This thread was bad for me. Walked into Costco yesterday and they had the 6 qt. model for $59.99.

So will be checking back for more uses/recipes.
    With liberty and justice for all...must be 18, void where prohibited, some restrictions may apply, not available in all states.

this seems to be the most relevant air fryer thread in the search to resuscitate...

Any thoughts for 2022? pod-shaped vs "toaster oven" vs buying a range/oven with the functionality built in?

Seems to me that the downside of the toaster-oven style is counter space, while the pod can be taken out and put away again, and the all-in-one would be the most space-saving but also the most expensive/complex (presuming not already replacing the current appliance, which we might do).

And then there's the "Foodi"? I think it's more than just an air fryer? Or isn't an air fryer? Or they make one but the Foodi ain't it? Kinda confusing. Feels like they started out making one thing and now they expanded the line and make lots of things and maybe the OG thing is harder to discern?
    Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

Along with the microwave I found it to take up too much counter space for the amount of food it makes. Mine is a convection oven/air fryer. And since I don't buy individual portions or cook anything that's "unhealthy" (advertised to make "healthier" foods) I find that oven or cast iron skillet is just as good as if not better.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

User Tag List