Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Anyone Using an Air Fryer?

Quote Originally Posted by Chance View Post
    Hadn't thought about using it to re-heat things. What sort of leftovers?
    Anything thats supposed to be crispy.
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    this seems to be the most relevant air fryer thread in the search to resuscitate...

Any thoughts for 2022? pod-shaped vs "toaster oven" vs buying a range/oven with the functionality built in?

Seems to me that the downside of the toaster-oven style is counter space, while the pod can be taken out and put away again, and the all-in-one would be the most space-saving but also the most expensive/complex (presuming not already replacing the current appliance, which we might do).

And then there's the "Foodi"? I think it's more than just an air fryer? Or isn't an air fryer? Or they make one but the Foodi ain't it? Kinda confusing. Feels like they started out making one thing and now they expanded the line and make lots of things and maybe the OG thing is harder to discern?
    If you are cooking fish its nice to be able to take it outside.
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

Site Supporter
    I keep going back and forth on getting one of these. Will an air fryer do anything that a toaster oven with convection won't? I have a pretty nice Breville toaster oven already.

Quote Originally Posted by Erik View Post
    I keep going back and forth on getting one of these. Will an air fryer do anything that a toaster oven with convection won't? I have a pretty nice Breville toaster oven already.
    Not sure what it's like with a convection oven but I have a cosori air fryer and one thing that's nice is the basket is two parts, so the bottom one works as a drip pan. I suppose you could accomplish the same thing with a rack on a tray or something but it's probably less convenient. I don't have experience with a convection toaster oven but I rarely if ever use my actual oven anymore unless size is a constraint. It's the cooking easy button.

Probably the best example of why it's handy would be bacon. You can't get any simpler. Lay the strips in the basket, hit the bacon button and wait 8 minutes. Drain the grease from the bottom pan, quick spray out and wipe down with paper towels and you're back in business. Turns out perfect every time. Pork tenderloins turn out beautifully in that thing and couldn't be easier. I thought it would dry out but not at all. Crispy outside sealing all the juices in. I use mine all the time.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Erik View Post
    I used to have a small convection oven. I currently have a ninja air fryer. The former worked okay but would very easily overcook stuff that I was just trying to get crispy.

I'm not sure what the technical difference is between the two, they both seem like very similar concepts. Ninja air fryer all the way, though. Just works better at getting something crispy without overcooking it.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Site Supporter
    Thank you both. Sounds like I'll be giving one of these a try.

We have the Cuisinart Airfryer Toaster Oven with grill and use it for about everything.
    Tater tots, chops, salmon filets, bagels, you name it.
    Super happy with it.
    Shumba

A search revealed 3 dedicated air fryer threads, about par for this place.

Stuffing can be made in very short order in an air fryer. Just saying.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

User Tag List