Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Anyone Using an Air Fryer?

Smoke Bomb / Ninja Vanish Chance's Avatar

Anyone Using an Air Fryer?

We picked up this Gourmia model after my father got one for Christmas and liked it. At $70, it seemed worth an experiment. We tried it for the first time this evening. Other than cutting up the sweet potato, the preparation consisted of rubbing in some seasoning and splashing everything with olive oil.

Name:  airfryer.jpg
Views: 451
Size:  55.5 KB

The steak took fourteen minutes to cook (that's what most folks on YouTube suggested) and came out well done. The potatoes took about twelves minutes. Both were very tasty and effectively idiot proof.

These things aren't as quite standardized as InstantPots, so I'm curious if anyone here has tips, tricks, et cetera. We practically never fry anything, as it's a pain in the ass, and not especially healthy. We're hoping this little gizmo can help on both counts. It may be the perfect solution for coming home at the end of the day and quickly putting a meal together, rather than ordering out.
    Last edited by Chance; 01-13-2020 at 08:58 PM.
    "Sapiens dicit: 'Ignoscere divinum est, sed noli pretium plenum pro pizza sero allata solvere.'" - Michelangelo

Yup. We have had a ninja brand for a year or more. Love it. Way better than a microwave for crisping up leftovers. Wife cooks Brussels sprouts and I eat those like candy. Great rig.

You had me at steak, and you lost me at well done.
    "And for a regular dude I’m maybe okay...but what I learned is if there’s a door, I’m going out it not in it"-Duke
    "Just because a girl sleeps with her brother doesn't mean she's easy..."-Blues

Smoke Bomb / Ninja Vanish Chance's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tensaw View Post
    Way better than a microwave for crisping up leftovers.
    Hadn't thought about using it to re-heat things. What sort of leftovers?
    "Sapiens dicit: 'Ignoscere divinum est, sed noli pretium plenum pro pizza sero allata solvere.'" - Michelangelo

I just got one the other day, and have not used it yet.

I have been informed by my granddaughter that the first thing we will cook in it is tater tots. She thinks "that will bring us good luck".

Who am I to argue with such impeccable logic? Besides, I love tater tots.

We just got one less than a week ago and have used it several times....I like it and expect to get a lot of use out of it. One of the first uses was to cook salmon and it was fool proof and delicious. Tonight I threw some wings in the smoker until they were almost done and finished in the air fryer to get them crispy.

We have had one since Xmas and have used it a lot.

Vegetables become something you want to eat regularly. Chop them up, a bit of seasoning, a spray of oil and you have what will become one of your favorite parts of the meal. We have found that white and regular sweet potatoes, butternut squash, and Brussels sprouts are fool proof. Squash works but cook on the lower side of whatever time recipes suggest.

Chicken Wings become super easy and tasty in the air fryer. There are a ton of recipes for sauces that you toss them in after about 20-24 minutes of cooking. Very little prep.

Chicken breasts are good in it, but you have to make sure you flip them once or twice during cooking or you get one side nice and browned and the other side a weird dull white.

clean up is the best part.
    For info about training or to contact me:
    Immediate Action Combatives

Coconut shrimp. Panko-breaded onion rings.

Wife and I bought one back in August, we’ve gotten our money’s worth out of it. Makes cooking things like chicken stupid easy. Crisps up nicely and don’t have to hover over a stove trying not to burn the outside to make sure it’s cooked all the way through. Plus the air fryer keeps it surprisingly juicy too.

Would recommend an air fryer to anyone considering buying one.

In...
    #RESIST

User Tag List