Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department Approves Pistol Mounted Optics

Site Supporter
    Did they try the holosuns? Not tested or failed ?

Quote Originally Posted by Poconnor View Post
    Did they try the holosuns? Not tested or failed ?
    Just bumping this as I'm investigating for my own agency. Any update on if the Sheriff's Department has since adopted Holosun? If so, the why/why not? Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by PNWOfc View Post
    Just bumping this as I'm investigating for my own agency. Any update on if the Sheriff's Department has since adopted Holosun? If so, the why/why not? Thanks!
    I got your email and I’ll be responding in the next couple days when I’m back in the office. As for Holosun they have been authorized by the department. All 407, 507, 508, and 509 series are authorized including the EPS/EPS Carry. The department is looking at the SCS now.

As for the “why”, I’ll give my personal opinion, which should not be considered the opinion of any department I may or may not be associated with... or something like that....

Holosun makes a quality optic. They perform well and are at a great price point. They have helped drive the industry forward and I’m sure they will continue to do so. They have advantages (multi-reticles, good customer support, generally high durability and reliability, and several variations of size, design, and construction) as well as disadvantages (they come from China like our iPhones).

I have several and I like them. I would be fine using them on duty and have, but I currently run other optics because I like ACROs and SROs.

User Tag List